1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Devil May Cry

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by alanrob, Dec 21, 2001.

1. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    Just got this game in today (at long last Play247!!!) and have only played it for 30mins.

It looks amazing and plays like a dream.

Can't wait to get further through the levels and into some serious devil zapping. :)

2. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +171
    Been playing this on and off for several weeks (Jak and Daxter's fault). Just trying to remember the last time I have been so hooked by a game.

I think the only negative thing I can say about Devil May Cry is the screen borders, otherwise near perfect !

:) :)

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    Bought it a couple of weeks ago with GTA3 when I got my PS2.
    Heard great things about it but I'm a little non-plussed by it. Played it for a day then tried GTA3 and nothing has had a look in since!

I'll persevere with it a bit though.

4. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
    What a bummer - played the game for an hour or so last night and then saved my game. Went back to it this morning and it started at the start of the level I was on :(

Not so much a pain just now cause the level are only taking an hour or so, but they must get harder and longer l8r on? So what happens then? Do you have to play the level to end or have to content yourself with having to restart the level the next time?

What a messy save system if you ask me. What's the point in giving you the option to save the game if it only saves what level your on!!!!

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,113
    seem to remember it saves you at certain stages of each level rather than at the start

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    devil may cry is basically the reason I bought a ps2 in the first place and just gets better and better the further you get into it, unfortunately like most other games at the moment its very easy to complete(12 hours on normal) but just has some of the most over the top visuals ive ever seen.
    with regards to the border problem im playing it on a 40 inch rpt and simply use cinema mode you basically get the full image and it looks great.