Devil May Cry 4 - Preview Thread

Usama

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be much buzz surrounding this round these parts...yet at least, anyway. Some new PS3 gameplay vids were released the other day and I'd urge anyone with their eye on this to get them checked out http://www.gamersyde.com/news_5572_en.html

Can't wait for it personally, even if I'm not a massive fan of the series (the 1st was great, weren't overly keen on any of the sequels). Looks beautiful from the videos, and runs smooth as an eel without a graphical hitch in sight. Which also bodes well for Capcom getting to grips with the PS3 well before Resi Evil 5 is due for completion...

Nice to see some decent art direction as well.

Any new news/videos?

Tempted but wary. I could have torn my eyes out at some points of playing the first one. Especially fighting Nightmare. Oh god that was too much at some points.

Those liquid cats too. Aaaaah!

Surprinsigly or not, I played a demo of DMC4 in a japanese store in September BEFORE it was unveiled at the Tokyo Games show in October.

It was so good(I didnt know the serie) that I bout DMC3 from the PS2:D

Looking forward to the release here in Japan now. Allez, off to the shops to see what's coming soon apart from GT5:smashin:

Right, back from my fav store here in Kobe and the game is announced for release on 31st January:confused:

They showed a demo 3 months ago for godness sake:mad:

Surprinsigly or not, I played a demo of DMC4 in a japanese store in September BEFORE it was unveiled at the Tokyo Games show in October.

It was so good(I didnt know the serie) that I bout DMC3 from the PS2:D

Looking forward to the release here in Japan now. Allez, off to the shops to see what's coming soon apart from GT5:smashin:

Speaking of the demo according to Eurogamer it's supposed to be available early next year before the game gets released.

Thought I'd bump this up seeing as it's not too long away. Been reading that it installs 5gb worth of data to help load times. Might get it over the 360 version if it makes it any smoother.

Do you think you'd have to of had played the other DMC games to get the most from number 4?

Seems like this will be a big title and I never actually played any of the others on the PS2.

Do you think you'd have to of had played the other DMC games to get the most from number 4?

Seems like this will be a big title and I never actually played any of the others on the PS2.

No, the first 3 didn't really follow on from each other so I wouldn't have thought this one would either. It also has a different character from the 1st three.

Why not try and get hold of them to play before DMC4 comes out? You could probably get them for a few quid each. Definitely worth it:)

Thought I'd bump this up seeing as it's not too long away. Been reading that it installs 5gb worth of data to help load times. Might get it over the 360 version if it makes it any smoother.
They're talking about a 25 minute initial install, during which they show stills and give you the background story. No loading through the game though, which is cool.

They're talking about a 25 minute initial install, during which they show stills and give you the background story. No loading through the game though, which is cool.

This seems to be a common trend which is great. UT3 lets you install the whole game on the hard drive but you obviously need the disc still.
Quite a few people say the devil may cry games are good, I had never tried any of the previous ones and am looking forward to this one being released.

I too have never played a previous DMC. Will wait for the demo before buying this one.

Anyway, as no one has mentioned it. There has been a lot of people saying we will see achievements in this game similat to the 360. All though they are not thought to be console wide

The German version of GamePro (via NeoGAF) has published its review of Devil May Cry 4 and revealed some interesting features for the PlayStation 3 - namely, achievements. Similar to the Xbox Live counterpart, you'll be able to perform certain actions and earn recognition, which can then be seen by your friends.

From what we gather, this is only for DMC4, however, and not a console-wide feature, so don't expect to start bragging about your PSN gamerscore anytime soon. The idea of PS3 achievements, rumored once to be called entitlements, were denied by Sony leading up to the console's launch.

The review also confirmed Sixaxis functionality in the form of tilting to adjust the camera, and noted a 5GB required installation before you can play the game. The 1UP podcast this week also confirmed this, saying it took 25 minutes to complete the installation process, so don't expect to play the game as soon as you get home from the store.

[Update: Upgraded emphasis on 5GB installation]

1UP (I think) also state the PS3 version looks better than the 360 version. Whether this is due to the fact it was originally a PS3 exclusive, and therefore the lead platform, remains unknown. Criterions Alex Ward said something similar regarding Burnout Paradise being lead on PS3, which in turn led to the 360 version being better than if they had started lead on 360.

It seems that starting on PS3 is the best way to go, as it leads to a better all-round product for everyone. As for the game itself, I haven't made my mind up. I played the first game and really enjoyed it. Missed the second completely, then played some of the third and didn't enjoy it at all (probably too hard :D ).

There are supposed to playable demos of this, and RE5 coming on the R1 version of Resident Evil: Extinction on Blu-Ray AFAIK, unless this has been cancelled. If so, then it may just be worth picking up the film, as a whole it is a decent package.

There are supposed to playable demos of this, and RE5 coming on the R1 version of Resident Evil: Extinction on Blu-Ray

I didn't know this. Will keep my eyes open for it. It seems a very cheeky way of pushing sales of a film that didn't get any big reviews when it was in the cinema

I suppose a magazine will have demo's though if the PS store does not

No, the first 3 didn't really follow on from each other so I wouldn't have thought this one would either. It also has a different character from the 1st three.

That's not strictly true as you have to play as both Dante and Nero in DMC4.

not feeling to good for this game, got the new issue of opm through the post other day and in gut reaction colum, in the downward arrow is devil may cry4, saying "halfway through dmc4 it does the old switchheroo, and make you play all the same levels(and bosses!) again.do not want.", looks like capcoms idea of making game longer is change character and play game through for a second time. ive loved the dmc series, but i think this one is gonna be a rent first for me.

not feeling to good for this game, got the new issue of opm through the post other day and in gut reaction colum, in the downward arrow is devil may cry4, saying "halfway through dmc4 it does the old switchheroo, and make you play all the same levels(and bosses!) again.do not want.", looks like capcoms idea of making game longer is change character and play game through for a second time. ive loved the dmc series, but i think this one is gonna be a rent first for me.

Probably did it so they could fit it all on a single DVD for the 360! :devil:

Joke!

:D

The latest copy of PSM3 magazine has supposingly reviewed DMC4 and it got a score of 80% with the comments "Impossible to recommend to everyone, but the purest expression of the series' yet...."

Quite surprised it only got 80% if the score is genuine...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom