Device not detected on Virgin

Engineer109

Novice Member
I recently did a registry defrag via "CleanMyPC-registry cleaner" and am wondering if this may be the reason that Virgin TV Anywhere is unable to detect any devices

next010

Distinguished Member
Registry's do not need to be cleaned, those are one of the biggest scams still floating around that managed to outlive the memory optimizer applications.

Those cleaners as you have found do damage, the easy thing to do is call up system restore and go back to a point before you ran the cleaner.

Then once the system has been restored remove cleanmypc. The only basic maintenance tools you require for your PC are
* malwarebytes to run occasionally
* disk clean up built into windows which empties temp folders
* prune apps from loading on startup and any junk toolbars from being added to web browser

You follow those basics and PC should be run like clockwork.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I'm not familiar with TV Anywhere but it does sound plausible. Tinkering with the registry when it's working fine is a good way to cause problems. Looking at the virgin help pages it looks like a DRM setup, I would try removing and re-registering the device.

Engineer109

Novice Member
Registry's do not need to be cleaned, those are one of the biggest scams still floating around that managed to outlive the memory optimizer applications.

Those cleaners as you have found do damage, the easy thing to do is call up system restore and go back to a point before you ran the cleaner.

Then once the system has been restored remove cleanmypc. The only basic maintenance tools you require for your PC are
* malwarebytes to run occasionally
* disk clean up built into windows which empties temp folders
* prune apps from loading on startup and any junk toolbars from being added to web browser

You follow those basics and PC should be run like clockwork.

Many thanks "next010" did a restore but this knocked out my Avira Security Centre, however, I was able to re-licence it, turned on my Virgin TV Anywhere and lo and behold device detected. Once again, many thanks.

next010

Distinguished Member
CCleaner so also a registry cleaner and by default wipes out of a ton of stuff from your web browser so personally I do not recommend it for novices.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom