"Device not connected" Error message

paulpenny

Established Member
Reaction score
My Advent DHE2000 has started giving this error message. It shows as a warning box in XP and I can only get rid of it through the task manager. It doesn't appear to cause any problems in MCE.

Does anyone else have this? or have any idea what is causing it?

Thanks

Paul

Having the same problem with Elonex Artisan, Anybody help trouble shooting which device this refers to ?

Thanks

James

As I added various bits of software to my machine and updated drivers it just stopped happening.

However, I then started to get lockup in MCE. A program would continue to play, but the MCE interface would stop responding. The only cure was to Ctl-Alt-Del and then stop the eshell process and then reboot.

So, I put it back to its factory condition and only added back in those bits of software that were absolutely necessary. Lo and behold, back came the "device not connected" error.

But, it has now stopped and I'm not getting any lockups either :smashin:

If I was pushed, I would say it is something to do with the drivers for the hauppage hybrid tuners. I think I am using the latest XP drivers - not the MCE specific ones. I found that these gave me the best results in terms of scanning for channels.

Sorry I can't add more.

Thanks for the reply, factory reset not an option 100gb of recorded media

James

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom