Deus EX: Invisible War

Monster

Is anyone playing this? What do you think?

On line reviews are good. I need something while I wait for Halo 2:(

russraff

I have given this game a fair chance (BTW, it isn't like Halo) and I think it's a bit rubbish. Certainly nowhere near the same class as the first. The framerate is very choppy meaning that FPS portions of the game play very poorly. The "stealth weapons" are nearly useless; the stunprod taking 5 or 6 goes to take down an enemy. Therefore, the game mechanics make stealth gameplay unnecessarily hard and the framerate makes the FPS gameplay poor. My advice is to either wait until a decent PC patch is released and play it on PC (if possible) or forget it altogether.
Certainly if you are looking, in terms of quality, for a Halo replacement then this isn't in the same league (and I wan't that taken with Halo to start with).

Russell

Hawklord

I definately think it's worth playing if you like games in this genre, but, agree with russraff that it was rather underwhelming and didn't live up to my expectations. If you've not played the first one I'd recomend you play that (£4.99 at play) or if your looking for a more modern game to tide you over I can recomend the following fps- No One Lives forever 2, Call Of Duty, Hidden & Dangerous 2 and I'm just about to receive my copy of far cry which looks very promising (93% on pczone and 91% on pcgamer):)

Monster

Thanks Guy's. Might wait for a used copy then.

Hawklord, are those X Box games or PC? I've got an X Box...

PUD the Ancient

I have it on xbox and i am really enjoying it, it does have some framerate problems but other than that the graphics and gameplay are great.

PUD the Ancient

I have it on xbox and i am really enjoying it, it does have some framerate problems but other than that the graphics and gameplay are great.

inzaman

I do have this game but havent played it yet as i am the opposite to harris i.e gaiden is keeping me away from this.

I think i might start this as Ninja Gaiden is now starting to border on the impossible :mad:

harrisuk

I just dont look for the faults in this game. Take it at face value great action, needs a bit of thought. Nothing is perfect.
Accept DOD :D

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom