Detunes Immediately After Retuning - LCD TV

Ocelot10

Novice Member
Hi there

I have a Samsung LCD TV (***EDIT SAMSUNG LE37 M8) and this week it's lost it's tuning. (Static with NO SIGNAL).

I try to retune via 'Plug and Play' and Auto Store. It manages to find the relevant channels, unfortunately as soon as I goes the the screen to check/manage the TIME and DATE and I press OK (as the manual suggests), or if I leave it for a number of seconds the TV immediately detunes itself again and loses all the channels and goes back to static with NO SIGNAL. I've tried this process multiple times and the same thing keeps happening regardless. I've switched the TV off at the mains to reset 1min - 5mins. I've tried retuning without the aerial plugged in - (obvs it won't find the channels then) then tried the process again with aerial plugged back in. Same thing every time.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could be doing wrong, or how to fix this?

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Help us to help you by giving us the model no of your TV.
You'll find it printed on a label on the back.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Those models had problems with duff capacitors in the power supply section which can cause those symptoms.
If you’re comfortable handling electronic components and can solder it could be a cheapish repair but if you need to call in a professional it may well just be as cheap to replace the set.

Ocelot10

Novice Member
Thanks for the reply!

I'll take it all on board and se what I can do. Might be worth me giving a soldering job a go!

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom