detach tv stand help

dieselblue

Novice Member
Reaction score
my elderly neibour has a 37inch panasonic lcd that seems to be attatched to a glass stand some how and i can fugure out how to get it off as she want a new tv but keep the glass stand.i can detach the tc from the small plastic stand that comes with tv but im then left with the stand attached the the big glass one any ideas how to get it off

Attachments

• 20210207_131020.jpg
    20210207_131020.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 81
I would suspect that the plastic stand is just stuck on the glass by age.

What happens is the pressure from the weight of the TV combined with aging of the rubber cushions on the bottom of the stand have deteriorated (broken down) and become sticky, adhering it to the glass. Try applying more pressure and levering with a wide, thin pry-bar. like a wallpaper scraper or similar. Heating the plastic up with a hairdryer might help loosen it.

I would suspect that the plastic stand is just stuck on the glass by age.

What happens is the pressure from the weight of the TV combined with aging of the rubber cushions on the bottom of the stand have deteriorated (broken down) and become sticky, adhering it to the glass. Try applying more pressure and levering with a wide, thin pry-bar. like a wallpaper scraper or similar. Heating the plastic up with a hairdryer might help loosen it.
thx al try it

I'd agree with @John7. You could also try twisting the stand with a quick snap. That should break any bond without putting undue pressure on the glass.

What does she want to do with it as from that picture it looks like it's incredibly unlikely it will fit any other TV?

thx u the first surgestion worked ..scrapper and hairdryer😁 we have stood the new tv in top

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom