• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Destiny microtransactions just suddenly got a lot more unpleasant

BloodRose

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
In one sense I'm not too bothered about this as it doesn't affect the game in any way but you have to roll your eyes at how daft it is, aside from the absolutely bonkers price the potential market for it must be very small as I'd have thought most current players have all three characters fully levelled (I'd guess most of the players left now are pretty hardcore Destiny players). Also I think these are the players likely to spend more money on stuff like the emotes, sparrows, halloween masks etc. But for those that don't, getting another character up to 25 isn't really that much use as there's a lot more work to get them to 40 and then their light level up high enough for raids and nightfalls.

I think if they'd have offered a package for say a fiver that got a new character up to level 40, one full subclass and a full range of 280 legendary Vanguard gear then while there's still not that many needing that they'd have got a few picking it up.

John

Stoke192

Distinguished Member
Interesting ??......25 quid to get to lvl25 ??, if it was to lvl40 and 300 light, I could see the point...ish, as it would get you to end game stuff straight away.
But, that kind of defeats the object of the game as Shug says, it's not something I'd be interested in myself.

BloodRose

It's just the free one-time use item that they gave to people who bought TKK. I'm not sure why they couldn't offer it for free again every time people created a new character tbh.

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
It's just the free one-time use item that they gave to people who bought TKK. I'm not sure why they couldn't offer it for free again every time people created a new character tbh.

It's slightly more as you also get a subclass levelled and I think weapon telemetries as well but still not remotely worth the money, given how big a mess Bungie have made with the weapon balancing numbers recently I'm wondering if this price is an error as well. Perhaps I'm being far, far too optimistic though.

Edit: Apparently World of Warcraft level boosts are pricey as well so this may well be the correct price.

John

Last edited:

BloodRose

It's slightly more as you also get a subclass levelled and I think weapon telemetries as well but still not remotely worth the money, given how big a mess Bungie have made with the weapon balancing numbers recently I'm wondering if this price is an error as well. Perhaps I'm being far, far too optimistic though.

Edit: Apparently World of Warcraft level boosts are pricey as well so this may well be the correct price.

John

I believe the WoW ones offer more but I can't say for sure as I don't play WoW. I tried it once after seeing that infamous South Park episode and hated it.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom