Destiny (Finally got round to playing)

MikeM87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I bought the game on release but due to circumstances and the massive amount of games I purchased and never got round to playing I've finally started to play this. I'm only level 11 is it worth me playing through the missions rather than jumping online first?

Yeah, you'll need to complete the story first to get to lvl 20 and then the game starts open up.
Then the chase for better gear and weapons begins ;)....but the higher lvl you go the more end game content it allows you to do, which equals better rewards.
Welcome to the grind :D
Do you have any of the DLC's BTW ?, as these offer better gear from the off, so you can bypass a lot of the grind early players enjoyed.....or is that endured ;)

You don't need to do the missions to play in crucible.

Level differences are removed for normal crucible but you will have a bit of a disadvantage as although the guns do the same damage, higher level players will have guns (and armour) with better perks which can make a difference.

If you want to level up faster, do the missions AND play crucible, making sure you have the bounties for each.

Do as many bounties as you can as they become available, as Squiffy says, it'll aid you in levelling quicker.

Cheers guys I've just been playing crucible then I wish I'd of had the time earlier on to do this :)

I have just deleted a warlock to start a Hunter and took 3 nights to get him to 20 without even starting Venus. I found the crucible was jumping my character up so much faster than missions. Everyday one of the crucible playlists give you extra xp. Just hope its on a team based game like control or clash!

You'll want to do the missions anyway as its a first time through for you (my 5th so was not too bothered.) therefore always to the missions on highest difficulty for extra xp and dip into the crucible inbetween to always make sure your level is higher than the mission levels.

As squiffy and rogue have said, focus on bounties as well.

I'd try save as many of the missions as you can because when you do hit end game you can do them and get huge xp to help level your new gear.

Currently level 14 just got to Venus.

Quick question.. I was interested in the DLC but it's price at £20 each which makes me think buying destiny with the taken king is a much better deal.

Also can you only do a raid if your part of a clan?

Thanks.

Currently level 14 just got to Venus.

Quick question.. I was interested in the DLC but it's price at £20 each which makes me think buying destiny with the taken king is a much better deal.

Also can you only do a raid if your part of a clan?

Thanks.

Yeah buying the full thing with all the DLC including Taken King is the cheapest option.

You don't need to be in clan to do raids but you do need a team of 6 ideally (they can be done with smaller experienced teams)

Ok so last night I started doing the Venus patrol story level 11? Quick question for you guys I had to continually keep going to little missions i.e kill so many dreg and collect items. This went on foreveeeeer!! I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.. Anyone got any pointers :)

Thanks.

Ok so last night I started doing the Venus patrol story level 11? Quick question for you guys I had to continually keep going to little missions i.e kill so many dreg and collect items. This went on foreveeeeer!! I'm sure I must be doing something wrong.. Anyone got any pointers :)

Thanks.
Patrol isn't a story level and you can keep on doing the bounties in patrol mode forever.

The best way to do patrol is to pick up one of the bounties in the tower.
It might be 'complete 6 bounty missions on Venus'

You go to Venus, complete your 6 missions and cash it in at the Tower for xp.

Patrol isn't a story level and you can keep on doing the bounties in patrol mode forever.

The best way to do patrol is to pick up one of the bounties in the tower.
It might be 'complete 6 bounty missions on Venus'

You go to Venus, complete your 6 missions and cash it in at the Tower for xp.

I collected bounties in the tower before doing this so hopefully I have some! Great thanks :D I'll check tonight :D

The patrol area of each planet is for completing bounties, public events and patrols that give a little rep and xp.
You weren't doing anything wrong, it's open ended and the only limitations are the re spawning of patrol missions as you complete them and frequency of public events.
It probably just unlocked as you moved through the story.
Your next mission should be highlighted on the planet screen :)

Edit : Posting on phone and Ringo beat me to it :)

The patrol area of each planet is for completing bounties, public events and patrols that give a little rep and xp.
You weren't doing anything wrong, it's open ended and the only limitations are the re spawning of patrol missions as you complete them and frequency of public events.
It probably just unlocked as you moved through the story.
Your next mission should be highlighted on the planet screen :)

Edit : Posting on phone and Ringo beat me to it :)

Thanks guys much appreciated I can see how addictive this game can get! :)

Thanks guys much appreciated I can see how addictive this game can get! :)
Believe me, the addictive part hasn't even started yet.

Wait until you get to 20 plus and are looking for that piece of armour or gun that you need.

And then the raiding starts. Wave goodbye to real life;)

I was looking at raids but I don't think I can do them yet can I? I've done a strike but it's always with random people so it proves difficult sometimes :)

Only spent 17hours on it so far haha!

I think you need to be around level 26 for Vault of Glass and 30 for Crota. You can do them at lower levels but you will die very quickly and do no damage.

I'm sure that once you hit the required levels we could get a team together and take you through some raids.

The grind continues... Currently level 18 I've just been doing some strikes tonight which are fun especially when you have good team mates :)

I would of been higher but I bought gears of war, couldn't help myself..

Anyway what's the quickest way for me to level up? I was doing the story but I have found that I seem to be levelling up quicker doing strikes.. Only one a strike up to level 14 didn't want the do any higher ones as this was a challenge.

Thanks for the input!

My previous post stands - do the bounties for PvE and crucible to get ranked up quickly.

Some bounties are for strikes, some for doing patrol, etc.

Still grinding level 24 now started doing the strike playlists and seem to be leveling up quite fast and it's also quite enjoyable.

Quick question though - Is there a way to just buy just the taken king DLC? Or is it only as part of a bundle with the other DLC? I don't have that and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile buying the legendary edition with everything?

You can buy TTK separately but it is £40.

When you have finished the story, what is there to do next?

The strikes require you to be in a party and won't randomly pick people to do them in with you so you have to have friends to play it with it?

I stopped playing at the end of the story

The strikes require you to be in a party and won't randomly pick people to do them in with you so you have to have friends to play it with it?

All the good stuff like raids etc

Does require you to group up with others though so if thats not your thing i'd prob just get rid.

I've been playing the strike playlist on my own however I do need to join with a few people and do a raid. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom