Destiny 2

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
4K 60 FPS confirmed.

All your content comes with you. No purchasing it again and cross generation console play too. Full cross play to come hopefully.

Will add more as videos go up.

I didn't realise D2 and its newest expansion is launching alongside the Series X on 10th November.

Oh well, we might have lost Halo for launch, but I guess given that it's Bungie that launched Halo CE on the OG Xbox back in the day - this really is the next best thing.

This has been added to GamesPass today so thought I would jump back in, but then realised new expansion and enhancements come the 10th so should I wait for Series X?!

This has been added to GamesPass today so thought I would jump back in, but then realised new expansion and enhancements come the 10th so should I wait for Series X?!
I'd use the time to work through the expansions and perhaps getting new weapons. So that you aren't doing that come the 10th November TBH mate. Theres a lot to work through story wise if you've not done either of the expansions added, especially forsaken!

Yeah already been sucked in!
Stupid question. How do I activete the 3rd power thing.... I can throw a grenade thing and something else and can use the ultimate but for thr life of me I can't remember how to use the 3rd slot thingy.... Its been a while since I played.

Any new or returning Destiny 2 players out there ?, looking to either start or return with the game coming to game pass and 4k60 on the Series X.

Any new or returning Destiny 2 players out there ?, looking to either start or return with the game coming to game pass and 4k60 on the Series X.

I've started back up, it's been a few years since I played it and not done any of the DLC.
Game has changed loads and no idea what I am doing. Keeps telling me to go to the Moon....so guess I am off to the moon.

I would do but every time I start up the game I literally can't find anything to do. I know there must be loads of stuff but the game has changed so much I just get frustrated wandering around doing nothing and switch off again.

I would do but every time I start up the game I literally can't find anything to do. I know there must be loads of stuff but the game has changed so much I just get frustrated wandering around doing nothing and switch off again.
Long time no speak mate, Still alive then ? ;)
Myself, Shug and Mortal are still about playing fairly regularly.
Where did you get up to ?, most stuff is quest based these days (apart from the story missions). There’s usually a blue marker in the tower or a green marker in the destination tab to show you where to go next.

If you need any help, Just give us a shout and that goes for you too @King Tones.
Hopefully there’ll be more players about with the launch of the SX, As it’s infinitely preferable to play with fellow AvF members then running the gauntlet of lfg ;)

Forgot to add, You getting a Series X ? @Lin3ar

Last edited:

I've been toying with the idea of going back, almost certainly will when the Series X launches simultaneously with the expansion on gamepass.

Be good to meet up again with fellow AVF. It's strange, I have started to miss it again after quite some time away.

How do you play the Forsaken stuff or is it just part of it. I don't seem to have missions available just quests.

I didn't realise D2 and its newest expansion is launching alongside the Series X on 10th November.

I hadn't thought of this before, but Beyond Light was originally scheduled for mid September, then it was delayed to 10 November before the announcement of Destiny 2 and Beyond Light coming to Game Pass.

I wonder if talks between Bungie and Microsoft had already been going on, otherwise 10 November for Destiny 2 and its new Beyond Light expansion on Game Pass and the Series X release day is a big coincidence.

Yeah, I've kicked the download off. Had played the campaign at release but grew tired of the grinding. I did get addicted to multiplayer for a short while though.

I've not played any of the expansions either, so I am just going to wait and save it for something to look forward to on Series X, same goes for Forza Horizon 4 which I barely touched.

Be nice to jump both of those from 30 to 60fps at 4K. I'll be a little envious of those playing other games at 120fps, but in terms of framerate I want to see where things settle when cross-gen is no longer a factor in a few years.

Long time no speak mate, Still alive then ? ;)
Myself, Shug and Mortal are still about playing fairly regularly.
Where did you get up to ?, most stuff is quest based these days (apart from the story missions). There’s usually a blue marker in the tower or a green marker in the destination tab to show you where to go next.

If you need any help, Just give us a shout and that goes for you too @King Tones.
Hopefully there’ll be more players about with the launch of the SX, As it’s infinitely preferable to play with fellow AvF members then running the gauntlet of lfg ;)

Forgot to add, You getting a Series X ? @Lin3ar
Hi Rogue,
I haven't been gaming much at all recently but what I have been doing has been on my PS4:eek:
I'm still very much undecided about next gen. At the moment I favour getting a PS5 for my OLED and a S for the plasma in the back room. I much prefer the Sony exclusives.
But I haven't pre-ordered as there is nothing at launch on either console that makes me want either. I will probably wait until the dust settles next year.
As for Destiny, my light level is so low that I need to do things to bring that up and I did one story mission and have no idea where to find the next one:facepalm:

Hi Rogue,
I haven't been gaming much at all recently but what I have been doing has been on my PS4:eek:
I'm still very much undecided about next gen. At the moment I favour getting a PS5 for my OLED and a S for the plasma in the back room. I much prefer the Sony exclusives.
But I haven't pre-ordered as there is nothing at launch on either console that makes me want either. I will probably wait until the dust settles next year.
As for Destiny, my light level is so low that I need to do things to bring that up and I did one story mission and have no idea where to find the next one:facepalm:

Fairdo’s mate, I’m the other way around, There’s only 2 games on the PS that I’m interested in HZD2 and LofUS2 and both these are getting a PS4 releases apparently, So no need to bother with Ps5 yet.

We’ve pre ordered the SX and looking forward to some 4k60 Destiny at long last lol.

Hope it’s all it’s cracked up to be, Tge PC boys have been banging on about it long enough ;)

There should be a green marker telling you the next mission on the map/destination tab.

How do you play the Forsaken stuff or is it just part of it. I don't seem to have missions available just quests.
Speak to Amanda Holiday down in the hanger at the tower she has all the old expansion there to start i believe.

I wonder what's going to happen to some of the old quests, content, etc, when they retire some of the locations as part of the Beyond Light expansion.

I wonder what's going to happen to some of the old quests, content, etc, when they retire some of the locations as part of the Beyond Light expansion.

The activities associated with the planets will disappear with the planets. Any exotics like Whisper will be earnable through other means.

Wait, what!? I was going to wait til 10th Nov for the Series X patch and Beyond Light expansion. You seem to be suggesting that content will vanish at that time...

If I were to jump in now what's the content getting axed that I need to focus on?

Thanks.

Wait, what!? I was going to wait til 10th Nov for the Series X patch and Beyond Light expansion. You seem to be suggesting that content will vanish at that time...

If I were to jump in now what's the content getting axed that I need to focus on?

Thanks.

Forgot how good this game was. Some great missions so far. Do find it overwhelming but the journey to power up is fun so far. Level 800 at the moment so a long way to go as a lot of stuff is recommended 930+

Forgot how good this game was. Some great missions so far. Do find it overwhelming but the journey to power up is fun so far. Level 800 at the moment so a long way to go as a lot of stuff is recommended 930+
have you started the forasaken stuff yet as stuff happens in that, that if you havent done it, may confuse you later.

have you started the forasaken stuff yet as stuff happens in that, that if you havent done it, may confuse you later.

No, I'm on the moon shooting shit.
I did check out Amanda but it didn't show Forsaken Stuff. Osiris and Warmind was showing along with original campaign stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom