Despicable Me Ultra HD Blu-ray Review & Comments

D

Deleted member 598831

I wonder if the DTS-X soundtrack will be on the Blu-ray?

Smudger1

Small point: It's Gru. Dru is his brother who appears in DM3... :)

Smudger1

It's the only way he'll learn...

paulfoley

How much better was it in Dolby Vision compared to HDR10?

MrMrH

Looking forward to finally getting to see a comparison review between hrd10 and Dolby Vision for a commercial disc.

RayP

I watched it tonight and enjoyed the film in its own right. As a DV demo disk it passed with flying colours. Very impressive. Hard to make comparisons until other DV media is available.

darren68uk

I watched it tonight and enjoyed the film in its own right. As a DV demo disk it passed with flying colours. Very impressive. Hard to make comparisons until other DV media is available.

I didn't watch my copy all the way thru, but yes it certainly shows you what 4k is capable of, however! I for a film like this, its still beats the pants out of any other format in 3D,

will be greatly anticipating fate of the furious dropping on my matt shortly, as im hoping DV will make a difference with that type of film, i.e non anime!

RayP

I didn't watch my copy all the way thru, but yes it certainly shows you what 4k is capable of, however! I for a film like this, its still beats the pants out of any other format in 3D,

will be greatly anticipating fate of the furious dropping on my matt shortly, as im hoping DV will make a difference with that type of film, i.e non anime!

Actually it wasn't the resolution that was impressive because it was a 2K DI. They got away with it because it was an animation movie.

It was Dolby Vision that made it stand out. I started watching when it was still quite light outside but after an hour when dusk arrived the colours and contrast came alive. Make sure you watch it in very subdued light.

Interesting to note that no picture settings could be changed on the Oppo 203. Not permitted for DV disks.

Captain Ron

Distinguished Member
I was looking at the boxes for DM 1 & 2 in HMV in Belfast last night and could not see a reference to Dolby Vision anywhere on the packaging. Just the usual big generic sticker for HDR on the front cover. Did the UK release of these get DV or is it only on the US release of these titles?

yandybox

Distinguished Member
@Captain Ron Its not on the slip but is the cover. :thumbsup:

15043389551231723585729.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom