1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperately Seeking Mordaunt-Short

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by SimonH, May 13, 2004.

1. SimonH

SimonH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A while ago I purchased a pair of 904s in Cherry to go with my existing AV gear and replace my rather weak fronts.

Well last week my centre speaker leapt from its vantage point and landed badly... damaging one of the cones...so its now out of action.

So, I'm desperately seeking a 905C in cherry to match the 904s in both performance and looks (or even a 304C in Cherry as I don't drive them as hard as I should).... But I now learn that this is a discontinued product...and the new product range is in Maple which doesn't match at all.

Does anybody out there know anywhere that might have one available (new, ex-demo, even second hand if in very good condition). Or can you recommend a good replacement which is a match for the 904s in both performance and looks/styling.

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    how about asking tons of fun if he can get it repaired?? He will probably be in and look at your post as it has MS in the title:D

3. crowy

crowy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  4. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,330
    What can be done is naturally dependant on the damage the 905 sustained- we don't carry full spare cabinets but drivers aren't an issue and are reasonably simple to change. Cherry 905's (and a couple of cherry 504's and 304's) still crop up online new (and there is of course ebay).
    We changed to the maple because for every person that liked the cherry, there were two that didn't. The maple has been very well received in the few months it has been out and I think has won us new custom as a result.

Easiest form of customer service going sir- a question answered here is seen by loads of people- massively cuts down on my incoming emails.

5. SimonH

SimonH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks... Have replied in your for sale thread...

6. SimonH

SimonH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tons of fun - Thanks for your reply.... I didn't make it clear that my current front is not the 905C... I was taking the opportunity of having a damaged front to change it to a matching set.

Looks like I have a second hand one now... Thanks.