1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperately need cable help PLEASE :-)

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Brycie, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Brycie

Brycie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I purchased a Sony Home theatre system, the model is HT-K250, it was ex display unfortunately the speaker cables are missing and the shop can't find them, obviously it is just normal speaker cable that you find on these systems but the end of the cables that goes into the sub woofer to connect all the speakers needs to have a plastic connector thing (sorry for the technical description :) ) so that it can fit into a squarish hole at the back of the sub-woofer which has two 'pins' one for the - and one for the +. the shop had a look and gave me what they thought were the right cables with connectors attached at one end which are coloured coded for each speaker it's like a squarish plastic thing that has two metal 'clips' inside which the wires fit into and obviously then attach to the pins, problem is this one is the wrong fitting/shape for my sub woofer the one I need is 'longer' (the ones the shop gave me are more squarish) this type of connector for the speakers is also on some of Sony's newer home cinema models I had a look.

Is any of this making sense? I am hoping there is a way I can connect the speakers by either buying these plastic things, or some other way, I don't really want to give the system back as I got quite a bit off it :) but the shop has said I can get a refund if there is no way of connecting them.

Hope someone can help :lease:

Thanks in advance

cheers

Carolyn :lease:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Hi carolyn and welcome the shop should order you a set of cables from SONY, if you call SONY Tech support they should be able to sort some out but they will charge you, best to get the shop to order them for you and supply as free

3. Brycie

Brycie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much, I'll do that, so I'm guessing from your answer they are not the kind of thing you can just go out and buy then?

cheers

Carolyn

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    very doubtful it will need to be a sony spare part