1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desperate Housewives E4/C4

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by dts borg, Jan 11, 2005.

1. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Watched the pilot episode last night that I Sky+ :thumbsup: This will be a hit show over here. 10PM Sunday's E4.

Channel 4 are showing the pilot tonight at 11.35 and the second episode tomorrow at 10pm.

Happy watching :smashin:

2. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,588
    Apparently it is huge in the USA.

3. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Got this on Sky+ to watch, i take it, it was good then!?

4. runningback

runningback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hm, watched 15 minutes of the pilot and it bored the pants off me, don't know but it was way too tame for my taste, american fluff.
    But hey, de gustibus non est disputandum, let's see if we can get more opinions.

:)

5. Mango Bob

Mango Bob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found it fairly entertaining, nothing groundbreaking but worth watching. I found the style a bit like American Beauty but not as well done. Given that it's a series that's hardly surprising!

6. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Watched in on Sky+ last night, it started off a bit slow and run-of-the-mill, but got better as it went, was funny in places and has a good bit of dark humour too. Anyway, i'll be watching the next episode tonight. :)

rob

7. jamesvtidohc

jamesvtidohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    this is great tv, although it is quite old. the latina woman and the lois lane from superman woman is HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOO *puts eyes back in sockets and tongue back in mouth

8. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yes she is hot but I do think she has gone a bit mad with the weight control :eek:

I do think the show will get better with time as most shows do :rolleyes:

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

I watched my video recording of the Pilot episode this afternoon, and I have to say, I genuinely loved it! It was dark, and sassy, and clever, and challenging, and altogether damn good TV! :clap:

I loved the dark humour, and the semi-David Lynch overtones, (i.e. white picket fences hiding a nasty secret), that it had. Considering the show had no bad language, or explicit content, and was actually pretty tame compared to most recent US dramas, I thought it was damn good!

Best bit for me, was either the rich women whose husband complained about the grass not being cut, and/or the guy who wants a divorce, because he's so sick "of this detergent commercial"! :rotfl:

I can't wait to see what happens in the rest of the series! My only complaint: Channel 4's new style of putting more adverts in to the show, and the way they now have no ident at the beginning and end of each part. They go straight from ads/trailers and publicity crap, directly into the show! Gits! :mad:

Other than that, a brilliant show! Yet again, something so simple that proves why America is the top for TV drama!

Pooch

10. Harj

Harj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Pilot episode was ok, nothing new or inventive, last nights episode was so boring we turned off after half way through it, overrated and dull, wont be following any more of it.

11. jimsan

jimsan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Big Teri Hatcher Fan! Watched with bated breath during the 'trying to get back into the house, naked' bit. Excellent. Sexier because of what you couldn't see!

Generally, nice and glossie and extremely easy on the eye. Also there is a very dark secret to emerge over the narrators suicide....

Jimmy

12. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have to admit I was expecting a lot better after watching the pilot episode. I felt highly surprised that this was a huge hit or should I say is a huge hit in the States, winning a Golden Globe the other night!

Pooch, I'm not sure why you thought it was clever, challenging and altogether damn good TV? In my honest opinion it was nothing more than "chick" TV. By that I mean it was nothing more than fluff. To be honest I was expecting it to be sexier and the frequent use of sex might be why it was a hit, but that wasn't the case. Maybe as time goes on that will be why people are tuning in? I should add that I was glad it wasn't jam-packed full of sex .

I think if this was going to be any good it should have been more edgy instead I think it's just trying to replace sex in the City and is vastly inferior.

In my honest opinion this shows the poorer side of American drama, however I would agree that American TV series are miles better than our UK equivalent.

I agree with James about that Latino woman....Oooo-eeeee damn she's hot!

I intend to watch the series again but it isn't anything special in my opinion. I missed the second episode and it doesn't seem like it's going to be repeated on Channel 4 this time?

13. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Think channel 4 are showing all 3 episodes back 2 back this week. Could be E4 but I don't have time to check. Will update post later ;)

14. SILVERBACK

SILVERBACK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    watched the first one didnt and didnt see what all the fuss is about to be honest,you would have to hurt that latina though ;)