Desperate Help needed

A

apgibbo

Guys,

I've got a Panasonic TH37PW7BX and I have been over the moon with it, however this morning I put the set into standy to go and have some lunch, when I came back the TV would switch on and then immediately switch to standy and proceed to slash the standby light (Flashing red) about 10 times I think go solid for a few seconds and then repeat.

I cannot get it to display a picture to go into any menus and the wife has hidden the manual away so I cant get it until she gets back from work.

Any ideas - I've got visitors coming later and it will be a shame to tell them the plasma is shagged.

Regards,

Adrian:lease:

Dave

Distinguished Member
The flashing light is giving you a fault code, count the flashes and call panasonic.

Sorry mate but it looks like it's shagged.:(

A

apgibbo

:(

Called Panasonic and they said that it seems to be a power issue - perhaps a capacitor has gone inside - so I need to get it repaired - hopefully its no biggie - but who can tell.

Oh well - it'll make a nice ornament for the visitors whilst they are here ;)

Thanks anyhow,

Adrian

Dave

Distinguished Member
apgibbo said:
:(

Called Panasonic and they said that it seems to be a power issue - perhaps a capacitor has gone inside - so I need to get it repaired - hopefully its no biggie - but who can tell.

Oh well - it'll make a nice ornament for the visitors whilst they are here ;)

Thanks anyhow,

Adrian
Sounds like a problem with the power supply unit which i believe is a common fault. Should be sorted by panasonic at no cost to yourself but if not i don't think it's an expensive fix.:smashin:

A

apgibbo

TFF - I'm disabled and the Plasma is like having a 3rd arm.

Unfortunately I'm on holiday next week for 10 days so I'll have to get it sorted when I come back.

The guys Panasonic recommended either want you to take the plasma in or they will collect - not diagnose or fix on site - which is weird. Is that normal practice or strange?,

Cheers,

Adrian

P.S. Warranty ran out in March so I've got to fork our myself :(

Dave

Distinguished Member
apgibbo said:
TFF - I'm disabled and the Plasma is like having a 3rd arm.

Unfortunately I'm on holiday next week for 10 days so I'll have to get it sorted when I come back.

The guys Panasonic recommended either want you to take the plasma in or they will collect - not diagnose or fix on site - which is weird. Is that normal practice or strange?,

Cheers,

Adrian

P.S. Warranty ran out in March so I've got to fork our myself :(
It's normal for it to be collected so don't worry about it.

It's worth phoning panasonic customer services as I think others have had PSU faults fixed for free even out of warranty.

Sucks mate especially if it's something you rely on a lot, hope you get it sorted soon.

A

apgibbo

Thanks for that I appreciate the help and advice.

Cheers,

Adrian:thumbsup: