Desperate !!! GX210 won't play or record any DVD's - at all.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by SystemBlack, Aug 5, 2005.

1. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone had a similar problem to this ?

I recorded Miami Vice from freeview no probs. Left the recorder to fill the disc and when I went back to it, the disc played fine. I left it for an hour or so.
    I wanted to record the next episode later on and got a DVD+RW to use. When I put the disc in, the Sony informed me that it couldn't play the disc and promptly ejected it. I tried another disc and also the one I had recorded earlier and got the same message. I thought that the problem may have arisen since the blank discs had been used in my Philips DVDR75 so I took several discs to my pc and they played flawlessly. I erased two blanks in my pc, one full erase and one quick erase and neither are useable. I am really disappointed with this Sony machine and I am returning it to Curry's tomorrow.
    Just to confirm that I have tried all types of hardware reset and also reset to factory defaults but to no avail.
    If anyone has had this problem and solved it, I would be delighted to know the solution. I wish to do some recording Friday evening but have had to resort to VHS. Luckily I have a Philips DVHS deck so at least one tape will be extremely good quality.

2. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,892
    Have you tried any brand new +RW discs or any -RW discs ?

3. SystemBlack

SystemBlack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brand New Philips DVD-RW. Put disc in, wait a few moments and the same problem, it won't even let me format the disc as it displays the error message and ejects the disc. It's deffo going back Saturday morning. Peed off I am, Sony I like, this DVD recorder, not nice at all... :mad: