DESPERATE for help:- Hitachi 42PD6600

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by VIPERSCARNAGE, Sep 3, 2007.

1. VIPERSCARNAGE

VIPERSCARNAGE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OMG i desperately need help. Im really starting to lose it here. I bought an Xbox 360 Elite today and hooked it up to my Hitachi 42PD6600. Everything was working as normal with the exception of the Xbox screen showing up black and white instead of colored. I eventualy sorted this by switching the colored cables around that come with the xbox360. Result. Color.

NOW i turned off the tv and when i turned it back on it did the APS thing saying it was searching for channels and stuff which was fine. But now there is no sound on ANY of the channels. I checked the mute button, i turned up the volume and all the obvious things. Then i resetted to factory settings after learning how to do it in here a few months ago but still no change. I cant think whats gone wrong and cant think of what else to try. Since the factory reset didnt work im DREADING finding out if its something more serious, i have to get this sorted people. Please help. :lease:

2. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Do you get sound from non-tuner stuff like the xbox or any other external sources?

p.s. It doesn't sound like this is really related to the xbox connection.

Sorry to say the 6600 hasn't got the BEST rep for reliability around here. It could well have blown a gasket

3. VIPERSCARNAGE

VIPERSCARNAGE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No no sound whatsoever in the past couple of hours. Was only using it like 6 hours ago with absolutely no problem. Im lost.

EDIT:- Are there any admins active at the moment? There is another member of the site whom posted an identical thread a few months ago, same tv and same problem but never had it resolved on these particular forums. Was wondering if there is any way you could give me his email address or pass a message directly on for me. This is such a huge problem for me cos i dont have a substitute TV or even money to have it repaired right now if its a major problem. I need to find out if and how he sorted the problem otherwise im screwed. Thanks for any reply on that subject.

4. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Does it have any sound output sockets? Any way you can test those connected to a stereo or anything? If they work, it's probably the amplifier in the TV gone pop.

5. VIPERSCARNAGE

VIPERSCARNAGE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Output sockets? Not that i know of. And i dont have any speakers or anything i could test it on. I really hope its not screwed cos i dont think i could afford to repair it never remind replace it.

6. VIPERSCARNAGE

VIPERSCARNAGE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BUMP - If no-one has any other ideas of what could be wrong with this, does anyone know a freefone number for calling hitachi for advice? Or if not a freefone number then a number that is not ridiculously expensive? Thanks

7. VIPERSCARNAGE

VIPERSCARNAGE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys i just called Hitachi. They want £30 callout for the engineer, £45 for a diagnosis and then on top of all that i have to pay for whatever parts they need for the job and labour. I mean ***. Anyways ive tried everything, removing all the cables from the back of the TV and doing a hard reset, reset to factory settings and checked through the manual and all the menus and still no result.

SO A NEW QUESTION:- If it is the speakers themselves in the TV that are screwed, would buying a Home Theatre Speaker System sort that? If i hooked up the theatre system (external speakers) would i then get the sound via them? If so there is a 5.1 Home Theatre Speaker System in Argos for £30. Im not paying hundreds of £ when i can pay £30 instead. The hundreds i would be saving could go towards a brand new TV. Any advice, comments, suggestions?

8. Accylad

Accylad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +317
    Best thing I did was to ditch the 42PD6600 and buy the new Pioneer 4280 - start saving now the difference is, out of this world :smashin::smashin::smashin:

9. choddo2006

choddo2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +542
    Yes, you could just use an amp assuming you have an external TV tuner you can get the sound out of - xbox would be fine of course.

I seriously doubt there's a £30 setup that has a decoder & amp in it, I bet that's just a PC speaker set.

10. VIPERSCARNAGE

VIPERSCARNAGE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is what i bought guys. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5132296.htm

I just read through the instructions and it says you have to hook it up either to your dvd player or a stereo w-t-f. I dont have a dvd player. And even if i did wouldnt that mean that it would only give me sound when playing dvds? I want something that is going to give me the sound while using my xbox360, PS3 and obviously while watching TV. Can i get a quick response guys, if this isnt going to work perhaps another one will, if i get a quick enough reply i can make it before closing and get the better one. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5136144.htm

I need something that is going to transmit the sound from my tv via a set of speakers while watching television or playing my consoles....im lost...tvs arent my area. :lease:

EDIT:- By the way i think the 42PD6600 only has 2 sounds ports on the back, red and white?