Desparate plea for help - Vista 5.1 :(

I

Imperial Blue

Hi guys,

Ok i have been really struggling with this for a while now and I just can't seem to get it to work.

I built a new media center have a Creative Audigy SE card in my media center PC, I have enabled digital output on the card in vista and I get sound. I can play MP3 music, I can watch TV via media center all is good on that part... however it is only 2.0 stereo which is fine fir normal 2 chanel meterial..

But my problem is playing back a DVD or a that I know is Dolby Digital or a DD h264 file, even though sound is set to digital output it still outputs in stereo by my amp.

Ive install AC3filter,tried FDDshow, updated my drivers. Im totally an utterly stumped. All I want to do is pass the DD/DTS stream out via SP/DIF :(

I can only assume that Windows still has control of the audio somehow.

In XP this was fine, unfortunatly I can't roll back to XP as I am using the XP PC as my main PC now.

Desparate for help :(

nigelbb

Distinguished Member
If it was OK in XP then it should be OK in Vista. There are some C-media audio chipsets that no matter what you do Media Center always down mixes 5.1 to stereo.

There are a couple of places where you need to set it to SPDIF passthrough. In Media Center, in AC3filter setup & probably somewhere else.

DervMan

Standard Member
Have you checked the audio config within media center? I had a similar problem and it turned out although I had it configured correctly within Vista I needed to change the config within MCE too by running the audio setup tool.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom