Quantcast

Desparado Superbit

Just recieved the region 1 of this to compare with my standard region 1, picture looks the same to me , dts es soundtrack is much better though, thought the picture would be better .

mjn

Distinguished Member
DTS ES soundtrack??

K

Kenneth.Hoiland

I don't agree..

What system are you watching on mate.
The Desperado Superbit looks very noticeably better than it's standard counterpart. At least on a 7 feet screen. But the online consensus of the DVD review sites is that this is a lot better than the standard edition. And as far as i know it's not DTS ES, but DTS 5.1. It sounds awesome though.

DVD File

DVD Verdict

DVD Authority

DVD Talk

But on a regular sized TV of normal quality I don't think it will be as noticable. The colours will be better though.

I love Superbit

My two cents

Kenneth

Yep, I reviewed it also (here) and it has to be one of my favourite Superbits. I only watched it on a 32" screen but I have to say I noticed the improvemnt over the original release. Now the sound on the hand...... there is definitely no confusion there! A crazy soundtrack!!

Mine is playing through a Pioneer 433 mxe plasma, using a Denon 3800 progressive scan dvd player , as for the sound It is the only DTS disk I have used ( I have about 20 ) that says DTS ES on my amp display , Have just tried the disc again , I have to say I have lots of standard disks that are better in terms of picture quality , maybe mine is a duff one . Most disks I have look stunning but this isnt the best I have seen.

Jeff

Desperado superbit (R1) is far from the best even on a 9" CRT projector. Poor blacks.

So its not just mine then, yes the detail in the black isnt great and theres some noise there.