desktop wont let me install sp1

wardreefa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi ive had some issues with my desktop these last few weeks as windows took an update and the desktop was meesed up from there.
I gave my desktop to a guy i know who works in I.T and he said the mother board was not finding the drivers for some reason.
He installed a new hard drive with some more memory and a clean copy of vista 64 bit.
When i got desktop back i booted it up and all seems fine and a bit faster due to more memory but after about 1 hour this came up

an unauthorized change was made to windows

X you will no longer recieve notifications , including these about your licence or activation , use the link below to find out how to fix your system
error 0xc004D401
the security processor reported a system file mismatch error

The desktop is still running ok but on some web sites i go on it struggles and in bottom right hand side its saying new updates are available which is this

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB936330)

Download size: 94.0 MB - 711.6 MB

Update type: Important

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is an update to Windows Vista that addresses key feedback from our customers. Windows Vista SP1 addresses specific reliability and performance issues, supports new types of hardware and adds support for several emerging standards. After you install this item, you will have to restart your computer.

ive tried to install this update but when desktop switches off it tries to install update in 3 stages but on 3rd stage it gets to about 95% and stops
It then goes back to normal settings

Any help on this would be so helpfull as iam going round and round in circles

Kind regards
fran

You need to activate Windows. Maybe just a couple of clicks or maybe a phone call. You only have to explain what happened and listen carefully with a pen and paper to take down a long number.

Ive just checked and this is what i did
start/computer/system properties/

at the bottom its saying windows is activated

Hang on - he installed a 'clean' copy of Vista?!!
Did he reinstall your copy or is this a pirated copy? If it is pirated and that serial number is known by Microsoft then it will hit security warnings.

iam not sure if he installed my copy or a pirated copy as this is my dads friend so will have to wait until monday

as i own an original copy of vista 64 bit would you advice me to start all over again and install a clean copy

It sounds like he has loaded a hacked/pirated copy of Vista on to your machine.
If you own the original Vista 64-bit and the product key then I would do a complete fresh install yourself.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom