Desktop randomly shuts down

I am occasionally hearing a very faint sort of buzzing noise but could that just be the pump working?. To be fair, I'm probably deliberately listening out for it as well so i'm noticing it a lot more because the system is basically 99% silent as it is, which is what i was aiming for.

I am occasionally hearing a very faint sort of buzzing noise but could that just be the pump working?. To be fair, I'm probably deliberately listening out for it as well so i'm noticing it a lot more because the system is basically 99% silent as it is, which is what i was aiming for.
Yeah, I'd say so, it's possibly a little bit of air that was trapped in the pump from earlier, it should clear after a few hours of running.

If it hasn't cleared after a few hours I suggest turning the pc onto it's front face so the rad is higher than the pump, you can tap the pipes with your fingers while running too to help clear it.

If it hasn't cleared after a few hours I suggest turning the pc onto it's front face so the rad is higher than the pump, you can tap the pipes with your fingers while running too to help clear it.
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.

Considering it’s been arse about face for well over a year, I suppose it’ll need a bit of time to start working properly.

Just wanted to pop back with an update. Couldn't get the buzzing noise to go on my old system no matter what i tried (and I did try tapping the pipes as well) so in the end I did some research and bought this ..

Installed it earlier, and it's currently sitting at 22 degrees for the CPU. Even lower than my old one :)

And the silence ..

It's so quiet, I had to check it was actually on at one point !. It's ridiculous !

IMG_1041.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom