• You may not reply to archived adverts. Once they have been archived, they are no longer active and are here for reference only.

Wanted Desktop PC for basic gaming please...

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Reaction score
Location (town/city, country)
Birmingham
Hello.

Im on the lookout for a fairly basic gaming PC to play a few of the sim type games I have on my steam account now the bad weathers here and I’ll be inside a little more!!

I don’t really have anything set in stone spec wise but prefer an intel CPU - something with an SSD for the boot drive. Windows 10 installed and some form of fairly decent gfx card to get me going. Don’t require any fancy case - in fact I’d prefer a plain black case without window etc.

Let me know what you have please.
Thanks
Budget is £400 max

py6km

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Reaction score
Bristol
I have an Alienware Area 51 sitting around at the moment. Happy to let it go, but not entirely sure how I'd safely get it to you!

It's a few years old, but still pretty high spec - liquid cooled, i7, big nVidia GeForce double slot graphics card. It has an SSD boot drive, and large HDD for other stuff. I forget the details exactly but can boot it up and let you know if you like. It was a couple of grand when new, so would be wanting around £500.

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Reaction score
Birmingham
Sounds good...please could you provide a bit more detail when you get chance and a pic or too.
If you’re in Bristol I could potentially collect/meet to save messing with a courier!

Thanks

r1chehUK

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Reaction score
I have a couple of older PC's that I was about to split into parts etc but could put a fairly decent system together for your budget.

Something like:
i7 4770k + non-stock cooler
Motherboard
16-32GB RAM
Sapphire RX480 8GB Nitro+
High quality PSU (550w or 750w Gold PSU)
Choice of 2 cases (A Fractal Design R5 I wanna say or a Coolermaster Silencio 550 I believe, both are black, sound proofed and have no windows, I chose both of them at the time due to their blend in aestehtics).

I only have a 128GB SSD spare though which I am happy to format and include although I don't think I have a spare Windows 10 key about but will check. I would recommend then installing another HDD/SSD just for games storage.

Let me know if any interest and we can go from there, otherwise will start splitting it all up tomorrow.

I am down on the South East coast though so think it would be a courier job.

CALLMENUJAK

Rating - 99%
98   1   0
Reaction score

I have the above available. I think it ticks some if not all the boxes.

py6km

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Reaction score
Bristol
Sounds good...please could you provide a bit more detail when you get chance and a pic or too.
If you’re in Bristol I could potentially collect/meet to save messing with a courier!

Thanks
Will do - it's in work at the moment because I got our IT folks to reimage with a clean Windows 10 install, so will fire it up on Monday and report back with the specs and a few pics. Pick up in Bristol would be ideal if you ever head this way.
Cheers

Arcam_boy

Distinguished Member
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Reaction score
Birmingham
Thanks for the replies so far - I’m currently abroad and so will give it a day or two before committing to anything to see what comes along.

Thanks again
Mark

py6km

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Reaction score
Bristol
Ok, so it's an i7 5820K (3.3GHz), 16GB RAM, Windows 10.

It has a 250GB SSD boot drive, and a 2TB HDD.

Has nVidia GeForce GTX970 graphics card

Will pop some images up