Desktop/Laptop Suggestions for Photo Editing

AndreGonzalez

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all.

I need some advice please.

Im on the lookout for a desktop/laptop for photo editing.

My budget is upto £1000.
I will be using LR and PS.

I have no issues with particular brands. Apple or PC

My current Dell PC is a few years old now and although it still works perfectly fine, its not really geared up for photo editing and is probably quite dated now as a result.

I travel a fair bit with work so wifi is important to me. if i went down the laptop route, ideally id be looking for something light. 13-15". There may be times when I carry around an external hd with me.

I have got a couple of months to make a decision.

Screen resolution is obviously important for the photo editing. Other than that, I will really only be using the desktop/laptop for surfing, MS Office, iTunes for syncing with iPad.

Im open to the idea of laptop plus separate IPS display as well so feel free to make any suggestions.

I would not be using the desktop/laptop for gaming.

Despite what apple's marketing department would have you believe, they make PCs like every other brand. Their differences are well within the normal variation.

You will get more for your money with a desktop, are you likely to be using it portably or do you just want a laptop because it's smaller and easier to pick up when you move?

I'd probably go for a good 2560x1440 screen for ~£450 and then spend £400-550 on the system.

Firstly thank you for your reply.

I guess its a case of the latter for me. I havent really needed a laptop thus far but the idea of having something portable appeals to me.

Do you have any suggestions for screens/desktops in that case?

I'd go for a macbook air rather than a pro at the price point (Air is 1400x900 as opposed to pro's 1280x800)
Second hand retina MBP? could possibly get one of them for under a grand.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom