• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Desktop Capture Software

Dancook

Distinguished Member
I was sure Adobe.com had some software which recorded your desktop movements so you could create tutorials on how to use software.

I've looked through the list of Adobe.com products and I can't work out which one it might be, if it is listed.

As well as finding which one it was, I'm also looking for alternative solutions, so if anyone knows of one, or knows the name of the Adobe software which does it?

Thanks, Dan

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Adobe Captivate springs to mind.

sid

Thanks, I looked at that..but the features didn't describe what I thought it did.

Now I've just noticed the page title for captivate says 'Screen Recording' which sounds right. but still the features don't describe this functionality.. or I'm going blind.

Dancook

Distinguished Member
Thanks I've tried something called camstudio for now, it's free and hopefully it will serve it's purpose.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom