Desktop 2.1 System?

lml999

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've been using an older Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 setup for my computer for a while and would like to upgrade the sound. I generally play music at a low to moderate volume while working and am not using this as a primary sound system (I've got a couple of audiophile systems in the house for that).

I'm thinking about a budget upgrade on this system -- replacing just the satellite speakers with a pair of Realistic Minimus 7 speakers. I'll retain the control box from the original satellite. I'm wondering if the sound will be balanced between the ProMedia sub and Mini 7s, both in terms of sound level and tone. I don't have the power output specs for the satellites. I'm guessing that the sats are pretty efficient, hoping that the Mini 7s are similarly efficient.

I haven't run the Mini 7s before; am looking to get a pair set up for an initial audition.

Comments and other suggestions appreciated.

I'm not familiar with the Klipsch PM2.1 but I think some 2.1 systems use response shaping, built into the satellite amplifiers, to obtain a reasonable frequency response from the satellite speakers. If this is the case with the Klipsch, then you'll be lucky to get good results by simply substituting the original satellites for a different pair of small speakers. Can you take the Klipsch along to the audition and try the Mini 7's with the Klipsch before you buy?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom