• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Desired audio device settings keep disappearing in windows 7, tried everything!

max337

Standard Member
Hello,

I apologise in advance as I know this is a subject that has been covered, but I achieved my goal and settings, however they keep disappearing. To where I do not know!

My setup

Windows 7 64 bit PC.
Asus Radeon 4350 with HDMI port.
Denon AV amp.

My goal, to achieve the bitstreaming of DD, DD+ and DTS. Not so concerned about HD audio as I have a blu ray player in my AV setup and I already know my card cannot do this anyway.

I have searched and read so much information, this post I feel is my last resort. I have become confused and befuddled lol at all the info.

The only other thing I have connected to my pc is an external HD and a standalone DAC going to my Arcam amp for music.

OK, I followed a guide, this one http://www.mediasmartserver.net/201...mpc-hc-for-all-your-splitter-and-audio-needs/ about setting up LAV and MPC HC and after installing CCC WITH their Audio HDMI driver I got what I wanted straight away, Joy! It worked great. Then I decided to mess around with the system heh heh and it went. On a side note, in one of my other (one of many) attempts to reproduce my original setup I used CCC WITHOUT their HDMI driver but the Realtek ATI HDMI driver. This gave me all those settings again but with some HD audio options too! Useless to me but I was pleased.

I am unsure whether the fact I keep restoring windows back to a prior point to any codec installations or CCC installations is sufficient. Maybe something affecting my desired setup has remained??? Or maybe something in windows is overriding it at some point??? I have seen a notice on one occasion that windows installed some HD Audio something or other and this led me to suspect it is Windows at fault.

I have tried to narrow it down but am unsure what it is.

To summarise I can achieve my desired settings, it is just that they do not last that long. I think I have tried everything, including removing the HDMI cable in case that triggered something, but no.

Thanks in advance for any info, I would really appreciate it.

It is so frustrating knowing I can get what I want, just to have it snatched away lol. Aaaargh.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom