Desire Z Bluetooth Car Handsfree not working

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by lovelldr, Nov 27, 2010.

Tags:
  1. lovelldr

lovelldr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Hi all.

Quick question. Topic kind of says all. But, every other bluetooth phone I've had has worked great with my bluetooth handsfree that came installed in my car (Ford Mondeo 2006 and earlier modem). Last phone I had was an Orange San Fran, and that worked great with android 2.1. Also, with the HTC Touch Pro 2, that worked great too. I know that's a WM phone, not android, but would imagine HTC wouldn't mess up something that bad?!

Anyway, with the z, I can connect perfect to the headset. It works in that when I call, radio/cd volume turns off, but the sound comes through the headset, not the speakers... all other phones work fine with volume through car headset speakers. Also, tried doing a test call to see whether the microphone is taken through the car microphone, or the handset microphone, and appears to be handset microphone. When I put the phone to my mouth to talk, it's much clearer and loader than if I put it down and speak in the car mic. So sounds like nothing is actually transferring to the bluetooth in the car...

Is there anything I can do to ensure it's working perfecly.

Anyone else have any input of what I can do to get it to work?

Thanks alot :)

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010