• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Desire upgrade is here

[email protected]

My unlocked HTC Desire handset has just announced that there is an upgrade. It's installing now, with much rebooting. Fingers crossed this is Froyo... oo I'm actually quite excited.

Of course it did have to arrive 20 minutes before the England match...

[email protected]

What the heck...? All my customizations have gone. Back to default desktop, default widgets...

I spent minutes fixing those! D'Oh!

Firmware version 2.1 update 1 (doesn't sound like Froyo)

Software No 1.21.405.2.

stu1wyatt

Hi,

That's not Froyo, that update has been out for around a month. I have a Sim free desire and got that one a while back.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 173019

Hi,

That's Froyo, that update has been out for around a month. I have a Sim free desire and got that one a while back.

Yep, mine's unlocked and I got that update about 2-3 weeks ago. Nothing new today......

[email protected]

I'm perplexed. My Desire is simfree and unlocked, so why it's getting updated 4 weeks later than everyone else beats me... AND tvcatchup still doesn't work. I might go crawling back to Steve Jobs at this rate.

mushk1n

If you didn't manually search for the update yourself your phone searches every 30 days I believe, which means it could've searched just before the update then just now... Don't think the updates are instantly picked up by the phone unless requested manually...

[email protected]

Good theory, but I checked for updates a week ago when I was trying to to get tvcatchup to work. Then again maybe there was a network problem at the time...

mushk1n

Not sure then matey, I'm hanging on to the Google powered phone until I get Froyo; at that point I'll decide whether or not to go for an iPhone 4. Should hopefully get Froyo by the end of the month! *fingers crossed*

D

Deleted member 173019

Looks like the leaked info that the update would be out today has not come to much.....as these things never seem too.

R

Ivor_Biggern

I'm perplexed. My Desire is simfree and unlocked, so why it's getting updated 4 weeks later than everyone else beats me...

I installed this update a couple of weeks ago and now my phone takes forever to power off, HTC released the update then they pulled it a few days later after realising that it had bugs and was causing some handsets problems.

Like someone pointed out, unless you check for updates on a regular basis then you probably won`t see one for a while as its probably programmed to check once a month or similar.

rockmonkey1973

I'm perplexed. My Desire is simfree and unlocked, so why it's getting updated 4 weeks later than everyone else beats me... AND tvcatchup still doesn't work. I might go crawling back to Steve Jobs at this rate.

It was released previously and then htc pulled it. Looks like they have tweaked whatever needed tweaking and have just re released it.

Singh400

Distinguished Member
Like RockMonkey said, it was released by HTC couple of weeks ago, and then pulled. They re-released it last night I think. Nothing major.

stu1wyatt

So I may have a buggy version then, I got mine a few weeks back.

The facebook contact issues are gone with this update, you also get a low disk space message now.

leaft

Hi just tried to log onto this site and got 'sorry requested item could not be loaded'. Do you need to download something to make this site work?

No, no downloads required, but you do need to register an account.

"http://m.tvcatchup.com/" :thumbsup:
"http://www.m.tvcatchup.com/" :thumbsdow

BAN5HEE

No, no downloads required, but you do need to register an account.

"http://m.tvcatchup.com/" :thumbsup:
"http://www.m.tvcatchup.com/" :thumbsdow

When I try and view the tv and it starts loading the video it comes up with an error messages saying "The type of flash content is not supported." ANy ideas?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom