Desire HD insurance

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by Daviao, Nov 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Daviao

Daviao
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just ordered my desire Hd. Sim free.

Anyone recommend any insurance companies? I'm looking for low excess and 48hr replacement.

2. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,605
  3. lovelldr

lovelldr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +148
    Also, depends on whether you have an account service with our bank?! I bank with barclays and have the additions plus, which covers lots of different things. I get my rac cover, mobile phone insurance, travel insurance and a few other things. Costs £16.50 a month, so isn't necessarily cheap, but since I go abroad 3-4 times a year, the travel insurance is useful there, the rac cover wouldn't be much cheaper, and the phone insurance is very useful. I had to make a claim a few months back on my TP2 screen, as I dropped it and cracked the screen. They said it was beyond economical repair, and couldn't replace the phone, so gave me a cash refund to the value of the phone at the time, which was £350... Was more than impressed. Had to pay a £25 excess, which if I need to make another claim within the next 12 months increases to £50 excess... Also, you will need a receipt which shows the imei number in the event you need to claim!

4. Daviao

Daviao
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems bank account insurance add ons or home insurance is the way to go. Thanks for the heads up on excesses. They do seem to vary a lot.

cheers