Desire Abroad..

nickarcher82

Standard Member
Hi

Newbie here. Got my Desire on Monday from O2 (one of the last untld data deals!) and am going away early next week.

I dont want to get charged a fortune for the data etc abroad, but obviously need my phone to send/recieve calls and texts.

What settings do I need to switch on/off to make sure I dont bankrupt myself?

kevshed

not sure exactly where, but there should be a 'data roaming' setting somewhere... do a google on that and you should find an answer :)

nickarcher82

Standard Member
Cheers found it.

It's already off. Shall I leave it off? I take it that it doesnt need to be on at all unless your abroad and want to pick up a bill the size of the UK national debt?

kevshed

Cheers found it.

It's already off. Shall I leave it off? I take it that it doesnt need to be on at all unless your abroad and want to pick up a bill the size of the UK national debt?

correct ! leave it off...

nickarcher82

Standard Member
Perfect - thanks for your help.

Nice to have a bit of peace of mind to be honest. Didnt know what needed to be on/off!

stu1wyatt

I used mine in Sweden a couple of weeks ago and it worked a charm.

When I turned the phone on in Sweden it told me roaming was turned off and the usual signal bar showed an R instead speed type.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom