• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Designer Mini Hi-Fi Stands, Optimum or Alphason, and prices?

converse

Standard Member
Hi all,

Looking at getting a designer stand for my TEAC Ref 300 system, currently down to the Optimum Designer Range G4 or G5 or the Alphason AD5-31S Unbeatable link

But the Alphason's seem to get a bit of a kicking in What Hi-Fi mag, both look decent, but can't seem to find the Optimum Range at a discount price, Unbeatable don't stock them. Cheapest is HiFi4Less, still over £200 though.

Also like the Stands Unique range, but again it's pushing the price up more :rolleyes:

Any thoughts?

mattross

I have a much bigger Optimum AV500 MkII and I also couldn't find anywhere offering it less than the website prices. It is expensive for what it is [mine was £650!] but the build quality is excellent and now I can stack all my stereo and AV Hi-Fi kit on it, including a B&W HTM1 centre speaker and 45" TV on top! So I consider it more of an investment than any of the gear sitting on it as it should outlast all of it.

converse

Standard Member
Have to say the Optimum do look the business, and you are right, they are a true investment, last thing I want is a bit of cheap stuff!
Best deal I can find so far is with Accessorize-HiFi so will keep looking...

1ofaKind

Hi,

You could try creative-audio for optimum stuff (they do other bits). I've just got an AV300 from them and unless I'm mistaken its 10% off list price.

Worth a ring/email anyways.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom