• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Designer habitat nano 3.0 not recognising external hdd

Lamby111

Standard Member
Hello can anyone please help. I have a designer habitat 3.0 media player which plays USB sticks no problem. When I plug in my seagate 500gb external hard drive in it is not recognising anything being on there. The media player instructions says it plays from external hdd. I have tried NTFS and FAT32 but still no joy. Can anyone please help as I have been trying for over a month now!!

next010

Distinguished Member
It's possible it cant properly power the drive if it's a USB bus powered model ?

To eliminate any file system issue you would likely have to delete the partition in windows disk management or some other utility like easeus partition manager. Then create a new partition and format it in fat32 and see if that works.

Lamby111

Standard Member
Hello, tried this but still the media player is not recognising anything. Do I need to change anything within the settings of the hard drive as bought it second hand from eBay ?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom