Descisions...Descisions...(help)

Batch

Prominent Member
Reaction score
University: Lancaster, Home: Cambridgeshire
Hi,

I'm going to be getting one of these two TV's shortly. i couldn't decide which, so i drew up this table:

lcdcomparison5fp.png

Which is better? Would you recommend either of the two? I will be using it for gaming a lot.

Thanks

Batch

toshiba has component and VGA, so should give you more flexibility if you wanted to connect eg a PC, or Xbox with hidef kit, or xbox 360.

Do you know what progressive scan modes the Toshiba supports over component? If it takes 720p then that seems a good set, bar the response rate.

The Toshiba. The Panasonic one is too outdated to be worth looking at. It has a 15:9 panel (clipped edges of picture), and most bafflingly of all, no way of feeding it a native progressive scan signal, which is necessary for getting the best possible picture quality of out LCD and Plasma displays.

Bump

No brainer - enjoy the TOSH !

Thanks guys. I've emailed Toshiba to double check its response time. Then ill ordr it :)

Just for info, 1280x720 is 16:9 not 15:9. Still go for the Tosh though.

Richie.

daxie said:
Why bump? The panny doesn't even come close to the Tosh?

Just get it.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does 'bump' do? I have seen an explanation before, a long time ago, but can't remember its significance.

:lesson:

HHGTTG said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what does 'bump' do? I have seen an explanation before, a long time ago, but can't remember its significance.

Because it adds a new post it literally bumps the thread back up to the top of the page.

However, it's not really the done thing to just post the word bump.

HHGTTG said:

It's generally used in the "For Sale" posts to make sure an ad stays near the top of the pile - the actual word "bump" does nothing ....... I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Cheers,

Martin.

mjcairney said:
It's generally used in the "For Sale" posts to make sure an ad stays near the top of the pile - the actual word "bump" does nothing ....... I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Cheers,

Martin.

Thanks. It was so simple I missed the significance of it. :rolleyes:

I've just phones Toshiba, and how found out that the response times are as follows:

Rise Time - 15ms to 25ms
Fall Time - 10ms to 20ms

Will this be alright for gaming?

Thanks

Batch

probably.

Toshiba are just trying to be realistic i reckon. The panny is more than likely to be the same anyway.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom