Descisions...Descisions...(help)

Batch

Novice Member
Hi,

I'm going to be getting one of these two TV's shortly. i couldn't decide which, so i drew up this table:

Which is better? Would you recommend either of the two? I will be using it for gaming a lot.

Thanks

Batch

richard plumb

toshiba has component and VGA, so should give you more flexibility if you wanted to connect eg a PC, or Xbox with hidef kit, or xbox 360.

Do you know what progressive scan modes the Toshiba supports over component? If it takes 720p then that seems a good set, bar the response rate.

The Toshiba. The Panasonic one is too outdated to be worth looking at. It has a 15:9 panel (clipped edges of picture), and most bafflingly of all, no way of feeding it a native progressive scan signal, which is necessary for getting the best possible picture quality of out LCD and Plasma displays.

Batch

Novice Member
Bump

Batch

Novice Member
Thanks guys. I've emailed Toshiba to double check its response time. Then ill ordr it :)

richjthorpe

Novice Member
Just for info, 1280x720 is 16:9 not 15:9. Still go for the Tosh though.

Richie.

HHGTTG

daxie said:
Why bump? The panny doesn't even come close to the Tosh?

Just get it.
Pardon my ignorance, but what does 'bump' do? I have seen an explanation before, a long time ago, but can't remember its significance.

:lesson:

neilmcl

HHGTTG said:
Pardon my ignorance, but what does 'bump' do? I have seen an explanation before, a long time ago, but can't remember its significance.

Because it adds a new post it literally bumps the thread back up to the top of the page.

However, it's not really the done thing to just post the word bump.

mjcairney

HHGTTG said:

It's generally used in the "For Sale" posts to make sure an ad stays near the top of the pile - the actual word "bump" does nothing ....... I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Cheers,

Martin.

HHGTTG

mjcairney said:
It's generally used in the "For Sale" posts to make sure an ad stays near the top of the pile - the actual word "bump" does nothing ....... I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Cheers,

Martin.
Thanks. It was so simple I missed the significance of it. :rolleyes:

Batch

Novice Member
I've just phones Toshiba, and how found out that the response times are as follows:

Rise Time - 15ms to 25ms
Fall Time - 10ms to 20ms

Will this be alright for gaming?

Thanks

Batch

nick501

probably.

Toshiba are just trying to be realistic i reckon. The panny is more than likely to be the same anyway.