Derwent Dam

snerkler

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I've gone back and forth between which shot to enter, and no doubt M and Roll1 will tell me it's the wrong one, but here's the one I chose ;) Shot with the Nikon D750 and 24-120mm f4, ISO 400, 1/160 and f8.

Pic in the next post for ad avoidance.

For those that don't know these Dams and reservoirs were where the Dambusters practiced during WWII.

To be honest you probably could have chosen any of them, all very nice indeed. Think you picked the best one composition wise though

To be honest you probably could have chosen any of them, all very nice indeed. Think you picked the best one composition wise though
Thanks, it was the composition that swung it for me. I like the path leading you up to the tower.

Right choice IMO - especially with that processing :cool:

Great shot and good composition.

What the things at the top tower? I'm edging towards wanting them removed, just not sure on their purpose to make me decide 100%.

Great shot and good composition.

What the things at the top tower? I'm edging towards wanting them removed, just not sure on their purpose to make me decide 100%.
Cheers Mark. I don't know tbh, not sure if they're communication antennas, flag poles or what.

Edit: Just found a few pics with flags on those poles so I guess they're flagpoles ;)

Last edited:
...thought they might be lightning rods....

....could be trying to make them less incongruous.... so they won't spoil cracking shots :devil:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom