Derek - Series 2 & Final Last Episode

Brilliant.

I came late to the first series, but I've arched it through twice. I thought it was excellent - really looking forward to S2.

Derek Series 2 - sneak peek:

Plugging it tomorrow ...

Ricky Gervais chats about 'Derek' - The Graham No…:
Do jokes travel well? - The Graham Norton Show: E…:
Ronnie Corbett on playing a Barbary ape - The Gra…:

Last edited:
What would had been good last night if Karl had played a dual role, for a moment i thought he was the new know-it-all lad with hair, at a distance.

Been aware of this show for a while now and missed the first series. Had a a scout about for something to watch tonight on US Netflix, saw this and thought I'd give it a try. 4 back to back episodes later I've found a show that had me laughing one minute and shedding a tear the next. This show is poignant & sad as well as laugh out loud funny. I've found my new favourite show. The more I watch Gervais the more I think the man is a bonafide genius.
Excellent.

Just watched the first season on Netflix.

What a beautiful, amazing, and emotive piece of television that was. So impressed. Kerry Godliman who plays Hannah is exceptional and grounds the show in a believable reality. Even Karl Pilkington, who I wouldn't have thought could act, is terrific. Shame he isn't coming back. Love everything about it.

Gervais' impersonation of a severely autistic person occasionally feels fake, but when he acts he really acts. I agree the man is a genius.

Ive been putting this off for ages. With the exception of life's too short I like all of gervais' other work. Everyone says it's great but I just can't bring myself to watch it. I'm starting to annoy myself !

been a fan of this from the start..

regarding derek having autism ....gervais has been on record a few times...and he said it when I saw him interviewed on bbc breakfast news that the character Derek wasn't written ...or acted with the idea he has any sort of disability.

...just as a very kind guy with a simplistic outlook.. unaffected by the need to appear cool or whatever .

Kev simulating sex in the caravan was very funny last night.
The couple going off to have sex is getting old.
It missed Karl Pilkington's presence

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom