1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depth/Slam Music/Movie

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by b33k34, Jul 20, 2005.

1. b33k34

b33k34

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Monitor Audio R360 (Radius) has a music/movie switch but the manual isn't clear on what this actually does (set to music when listening to music is not much of an answer).

It appears to give more, or deeper, bass when set to music so I'd assume it does something similar to the depth/slam switch on REL subs. What do these do the frequency response and why is it needed?

2. smooveone

smooveone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello :cool:
    Yes, I think its the same as the depth/slam seting on the REL's. Th slam setting for movies boosts the bass, probably peaking in the region of 60Hz, but loses some low frequency extension.

3. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    These switches certainly make the output sound a little different but I would generally be hard-pressed to find one that sounded obviously better without doing some proper analysis of the output signal.

My advice would be to find your favourite setting and then just leave it - these switches aren't going to have a marked effect on distortion or overall output.