Depression , keen to know other peoples coping mechanisms and experiences .......

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Did anyone check out the workplace Mental Health First Aiders at all for their workplace??

Someone else approached me for a chat the other day about their mental health issues and said they did so after seeing my name on our digital notice boards.
I'm thinking of signing up to this. Do you suffer from mental health yourself?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Did anyone check out the workplace Mental Health First Aiders at all for their workplace??

Someone else approached me for a chat the other day about their mental health issues and said they did so after seeing my name on our digital notice boards.

I’ve mentioned it , not sure what will happen , if anything does then I’ll post back 👍

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
And while I’m on , I’ve completed my application for the Shout text service , so just need to see if I get accepted for training !!!

WeeScottishLass

Distinguished Member
FB_IMG_1597593200289.jpg

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
2020 has been a real test for my mental health, Started with the loss of a good friend in feb, then a relative died, Then my Cousin passed away suddenly which was a real shocker, Then an aunt, Then an Uncle, and Last Friday my best friend was killed in an accident ... I'm finding it quite tough going at the moment, My little Dog helps me through a lot of this....

WeeScottishLass

Distinguished Member
2020 has been a real test for my mental health, Started with the loss of a good friend in feb, then a relative died, Then my Cousin passed away suddenly which was a real shocker, Then an aunt, Then an Uncle, and Last Friday my best friend was killed in an accident ... I'm finding it quite tough going at the moment, My little Dog helps me through a lot of this....
Gosh, that's so much painful loss and trauma to have to cope with 😔

I'm glad you have your wee dog to help.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
It has been a strange year for sure. Seems like as we were getting over one thing, another would happen, last weeks has hit me for six, funeral tomorrow....

richp007

Distinguished Member
I went to a funeral last week, not nice at all to be honest :( With it having to be so regimented and impersonal. A very difficult experience.

Hope you're okay @BrynTeg We can only make the best of what we have right now.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Yes the Funeral's are really not nice, limited numbers, little service and no gathering of loved ones afterwards .... I'm ok ... I'll be honest and say i lost my father almost 20 years ago and that effected me and toughened me up more than i realised.

WeeScottishLass

Distinguished Member
It has been a strange year for sure. Seems like as we were getting over one thing, another would happen, last weeks has hit me for six, funeral tomorrow....
Life certainly hasn't been kind to you with all of that to deal with- I'm not surprised you are feeling the way you do 😔

SDMDAM

That's really tough mate. Hope things pick up for you soon.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Thank You, Yes roll on 2021 and hopefully a better year....

mjn

Distinguished Member
One thing that might help others is that I found certain types of alcohol triggered anxiety. So much so I won't drink Bacardi anymore as it triggered my anxiety, and German beer gives me nightmares?!

Being indoors for more than 2 days without going outside is a major flash point for me.

That’s crazy! I only drink beer, but never noticed any nightmares! :eek: is it German lager or the much better wheat beer?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
During my darkest days it was frosty jack’s cider that did me in , when I say cider that is very much tongue in cheek , it may have seen the apple pips, just ......

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Feeling strangely anxious at the moment , my sicknote runs out the first week of December and I’ve heard nothing from work , so I emailed my supervisor and he replied saying there was a letter in the post about a meeting this coming Friday , but no more detail than that , I’m not really sure what to make of it to be honest , or as my psychologist told me am I catastrophising again , still not sure that’s a real word 🤣 , I need to be thinking what will be will be because I can’t change the outcome , ramble over .....

blahblah01

Feeling strangely anxious at the moment , my sicknote runs out the first week of December and I’ve heard nothing from work , so I emailed my supervisor and he replied saying there was a letter in the post about a meeting this coming Friday , but no more detail than that , I’m not really sure what to make of it to be honest , or as my psychologist told me am I catastrophising again , still not sure that’s a real word 🤣 , I need to be thinking what will be will be because I can’t change the outcome , ramble over .....

As a compulsive catastrophiser let me know how it goes. I know a few people who should be able to help you, subject to Diagnosis etc.

WeeScottishLass

Distinguished Member
Catastrophising is definitely a word coz I do it a lot!! 🤣

blahblah01

Catastrophising is definitely a word coz I do it a lot!! 🤣

It does have it's strength just like a lot weaknesses do. I used to be a Project, well Chaos, Manager and it was easy for me as when people said the sh*t has hit the fan, I was calm after they said what had gone wrong. My idea of a hit and fan was far worse.....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Paradigm launches Founder speaker series
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 3rd March 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Music revenue in U.S. sees vinyl sales overtake CD
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Philips TV to offer Mimi Sound Personalisation