Depression , keen to know other peoples coping mechanisms and experiences .......

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
my mood has lightened quite a bit , not sure why but I'm happy about that , apparently big news about work today , so that could be interesting ........

richp007

Distinguished Member
I've been hammering the garden. Turning any rage I have into tearing out all kinds of weeds and dead stuff. Then when it looks better that makes me feel better.

Never really been big on gardening though, but I definitely see now the benefits of being surrounded by nice greenery, as well as being outdoors of course.

Might have to venture into the new section here!

mij

Well I have had a right old time of it, I got so bad that I drove to my static caravan (on my own land with no neighbours) and spent a few days there mainly trying to walk away my mania, drove back and have had to go on pills to slow me down and make me sleep after going 3 days without any.

Feeling much better now after having had some sleep and have slowed down, I am beginning to think that whenever I am told that I cannot do something it makes me worse, I must have an abundance of the awkward gene....The wife says yes :(

Hope everyone is doing ok :hiya:

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Well I have had a right old time of it, I got so bad that I drove to my static caravan (on my own land with no neighbours) and spent a few days there mainly trying to walk away my mania, drove back and have had to go on pills to slow me down and make me sleep after going 3 days without any.

Feeling much better now after having had some sleep and have slowed down, I am beginning to think that whenever I am told that I cannot do something it makes me worse, I must have an abundance of the awkward gene....The wife says yes :(

Hope everyone is doing ok :hiya:
sounds awful , the wife is the same , tell her not to do something the more she will try and do it , now where's those wire strippers and mains cable :rotfl:

I haven't been to bad lately , looks as though work is going to be safe , or as safe as can be , which is a relief to be honest , even if I don't want to go back ........

mij

sounds awful , the wife is the same , tell her not to do something the more she will try and do it , now where's those wire strippers and mains cable :rotfl:

I haven't been to bad lately , looks as though work is going to be safe , or as safe as can be , which is a relief to be honest , even if I don't want to go back ........
Yes I saw the news about Sunderland, very hard times ahead for many so the best of luck to you :smashin:

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Yes I saw the news about Sunderland, very hard times ahead for many so the best of luck to you :smashin:

on the face of it , it seems good , the reality , im not overly sure , Barcelona afaik made the Mercedes X pickup ( yes your Mercedes is really a Nissan !!! ) and the NV200 electric van , the pickups canned and the van was relatively low production , and because of its height I don't think we could even make that without massive alterations , so that leaves what we make now , qashqai juke and leaf , plus the possibility of Renault models which are on the same chassis as Nissan , its all going to be down to volume , which is going to depend on whether people want / can afford new cars , its certainly going to be an interesting time ........

k17chy

Distinguished Member
on the face of it , it seems good , the reality , im not overly sure , Barcelona afaik made the Mercedes X pickup ( yes your Mercedes is really a Nissan !!! ) and the NV200 electric van , the pickups canned and the van was relatively low production , and because of its height I don't think we could even make that without massive alterations , so that leaves what we make now , qashqai juke and leaf , plus the possibility of Renault models which are on the same chassis as Nissan , its all going to be down to volume , which is going to depend on whether people want / can afford new cars , its certainly going to be an interesting time ........
I think we will be ok work wise🤞

k17chy

Distinguished Member
are you back in on the 8th ?
No m8. B shift only and they are only doing days. Rumour is A shift will be back on the 22nd. I've offered to go back on the 8th if they are short staffed as I'm going out of my mine just sitting doing nowt. Also my drinking is starting to get back to levels I'm not happy with.

mij

The devil is always in the detail, I think that many will be questioning there choice and needs in regards to cars for quite some time now & the leasing bubble is about to burst is something I have been hearing for quite a while now. I do think we are witnessing the longest redundancy note in history for many :(

If my local council in Croydon is typical then driving itself is under threat, the amount of "temporary" road closures for exercise & cycling due to covid with the caveat of it may become permanent is ridiculous. Walking or biking may be the only choice soon :(

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
No m8. B shift only and they are only doing days. Rumour is A shift will be back on the 22nd. I've offered to go back on the 8th if they are short staffed as I'm going out of my mine just sitting doing nowt. Also my drinking is starting to get back to levels I'm not happy with.
I hope you get back in early , as for the drinking , I am so glad I packed in last year , if the covid hadn't got me the drink I fear surely would have by now , I'm not preaching but it is something everyone should at least consider doing ...........

Foster

Distinguished Member
I hope you get back in early , as for the drinking , I am so glad I packed in last year , if the covid hadn't got me the drink I fear surely would have by now , I'm not preaching but it is something everyone should at least consider doing ...........
Im lucky in the respect as i've never really drunk that often.

k17chy

Distinguished Member
I know as soon as I get back to work my drinking will pretty much stop. Just need to get back in to my routine.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
bit of a black day today , managed to control it eventually but it took a while , I saw on the news that there is to be a cull at the part of Nissan that I used to work at , its actually not Nissan now but I know quite a few very good lads from there that stand to lose there jobs , plus news about Bentley Aston Martin and a couple of other manufacturers hasn't helped a great deal , but , as before I cannot influence what happens so I have to ignore it until anything does , last year I would be going off my head with worry ..........

k17chy

Distinguished Member
bit of a black day today , managed to control it eventually but it took a while , I saw on the news that there is to be a cull at the part of Nissan that I used to work at , its actually not Nissan now but I know quite a few very good lads from there that stand to lose there jobs , plus news about Bentley Aston Martin and a couple of other manufacturers hasn't helped a great deal , but , as before I cannot influence what happens so I have to ignore it until anything does , last year I would be going off my head with worry ..........
Aye heard about the battery plant lay offs. UK car industry is looking very unstable atm. Seriously worried about my job and my colleagues jobs after the last few days of news about the industry.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Aye heard about the battery plant lay offs. UK car industry is looking very unstable atm. Seriously worried about my job and my colleagues jobs after the last few days of news about the industry.
Yes , it's looking pretty naughty .....

Foster

Distinguished Member
I've noticed I'm fine through the week as I'm busy with work but as soon as the weekend hits and I have no plans, I feel my mood drops and I don't know what to do with myself.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
I've noticed I'm fine through the week as I'm busy with work but as soon as the weekend hits and I have no plans, I feel my mood drops and I don't know what to do with myself.
that's quite often the case , what are you into outside of work ?

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Yes, it's normal to feel flat during your time off, especially if you have no prior plans in place or nothing much to look forward to.
I am starting to go a bit stir crazy , not back at work for at least another 5 weeks ......

Foster

Distinguished Member
that's quite often the case , what are you into outside of work ?
Airsoft, Cinema, Gym, Gaming.

First 3 I've not done since March and I've gone off gaming at the minute.