Quantcast

Depression , keen to know other peoples coping mechanisms and experiences .......

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
Hi all , I,ve thought long and hard about posting this , but here goes , my son (12) has been having a very hard time recently with various issues depression being one of the major ones, thankfully we are now getting help ,and things do seem to be improving slowly .
Last Sunday my son and his friend came into the house and said we are just going upstairs dad to make a video , so here it is , I'm blown away by it.

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Hi all , I,ve thought long and hard about posting this , but here goes , my son (12) has been having a very hard time recently with various issues depression being one of the major ones, thankfully we are now getting help ,and things do seem to be improving slowly .
Last Sunday my son and his friend came into the house and said we are just going upstairs dad to make a video , so here it is , I'm blown away by it.
:love: :)

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Hope you all get this sorted ASAP , horrible horrible thing to have to go through , it might be a tough thing to watch but there has been a series on BBC about mental health and it seems as though a lot of it concentrates on younger people , not sure if it will help you or not ....

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
Hope you all get this sorted ASAP , horrible horrible thing to have to go through , it might be a tough thing to watch but there has been a series on BBC about mental health and it seems as though a lot of it concentrates on younger people , not sure if it will help you or not ....
Thanks mate , it is a horrible thing , my son is getting counselling sessions now , hopefully these help find the underlying cause, poor lad has been through too much already for a 12 year old .

jmacc

Distinguished Member
Thanks mate , it is a horrible thing , my son is getting counselling sessions now , hopefully these help find the underlying cause, poor lad has been through too much already for a 12 year old .
I think this will make him stronger in life in the future. very mature young lad. Head screwed on.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Great video, you should encourage them (if you haven't already) to make more. Just talking. It helps. Easier for people their age to locate with too.

mij

Pride of the North East, things like that renew my faith & hope in people. They will do well :thumbsup:

They sound like they come from not too far away from where I am from, Spennymoor.

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
Pride of the North East, things like that renew my faith & hope in people. They will do well :thumbsup:

They sound like they come from not too far away from where I am from, Spennymoor.
Thank you ,yes not too far away from spennymoor at all, Fishburn

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
someone has to live there I suppose :rotfl:

in am relatively just down the road from you in Norton , Stockton , someone has to live here as well :rotfl:
Yes only 10 min away , I prefer the classier areas of Stockton , Hardwick, Roseworth ,Ragworth etc :laugh:.although I must admit to spending many a messy Sunday afternoon in Roseworth club back in the day:)

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Yes only 10 min away , I prefer the classier areas of Stockton , Hardwick, Roseworth ,Ragworth etc :laugh:.although I must admit to spending many a messy Sunday afternoon in Roseworth club back in the day:)

some choice estates you have named there , the favourite thing at the moment is torching cars and vans for sh*ts and giggles !!!!

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
some choice estates you have named there , the favourite thing at the moment is torching cars and vans for sh*ts and giggles !!!!
Nothing has changed then ,I don’t know how old you are ,but I can remember way back to when I was around 13/14 when there would be running riots every weekend in Stockton high street ,I would be sat in the Wimpy watching it all kick off with my mates !!

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Nothing has changed then ,I don’t know how old you are ,but I can remember way back to when I was around 13/14 when there would be running riots every weekend in Stockton high street ,I would be sat in the Wimpy watching it all kick off with my mates !!
52 this year , I remember them setting there own houses alight on ragworth , I think it was there anyway , real intelligent , I remember wimpy so I reckon we can't be far apart in age :thumbsup:

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
52 this year , I remember them setting there own houses alight on ragworth , I think it was there anyway , real intelligent , I remember wimpy so I reckon we can't be far apart in age :thumbsup:
Only a year apart mate :thumbsup:, I’m from Sedgefield originally ,just cannot afford to live there:( . In fairness to Stockton I’ve had plenty of good nights down there in the past ,good times

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Only a year apart mate :thumbsup:, I’m from Sedgefield originally ,just cannot afford to live there:( . In fairness to Stockton I’ve had plenty of good nights down there in the past ,good times

the high street is desolate now for nightlife , but apparently around prince regent street is supposed to be ok , Norton is booming now , can't move for bars and restaurants !!!!

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
the high street is desolate now for nightlife , but apparently around prince regent street is supposed to be ok , Norton is booming now , can't move for bars and restaurants !!!!
Yeah Norton is the go to place now ,the high street used be a great night out ,so did Sedgefield ,but again that’s died a death

kav

Distinguished Member
This is fantastic. I feel proud of them just watching it, your heart must be bursting.

mij

someone has to live there I suppose :rotfl:

in am relatively just down the road from you in Norton , Stockton , someone has to live here as well :rotfl:
I am nearly 300 miles away now and complete with a London accent :D I still visit as I still have some family there, I have also lived in Ferryhill, Metal Bridge, Coxhoe and Bishop Auckland. I went to East Howle school (probably long gone now) & Coxhoe school in 60's and was only recently telling somebody about how my uncle used to take me & my brothers to school in a sleigh pulled by his donkey when the snow was very bad :) The Top Hat & sin city in Spennymoor in the 70's are still great memories for me, but probably before your time. I still often think of moving back there.

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
I am nearly 300 miles away now and complete with a London accent :D I still visit as I still have some family there, I have also lived in Ferryhill, Metal Bridge, Coxhoe and Bishop Auckland. I went to East Howle school (probably long gone now) & Coxhoe school in 60's and was only recently telling somebody about how my uncle used to take me & my brothers to school in a sleigh pulled by his donkey when the snow was very bad :) The Top Hat & sin city in Spennymoor in the 70's are still great memories for me, but probably before your time. I still often think of moving back there.
Its a small world isn't it ,I served my Apprenticeship in Ferryhill ,Martindales Coaches in the cutout on the old A1 (now the 167 I think)

mij

Its a small world isn't it ,I served my Apprenticeship in Ferryhill ,Martindales Coaches in the cutout on the old A1 (now the 167 I think)
I remember their Leyland Leopard red & cream coaches, I use the A167, left at the coach & horses on the way into Spennymoor.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
counselling again yesterday , got onto the subject of alcohol / alcohol abuse , opened up and she was amazed at how much I used to drink and couldn't believe I had gone cold turkey ( I know your not supposed to ) , I could quite easily get through an 18 pack of strongbow if I wanted to , not clever I know , as you may have guessed I was using alcohol to mask a lot of what has been going on before the pneumonia , now that I am free of the evil stuff I can see what was going on , and to be honest I am ashamed of what I was when I was drinking , anyway , that has gone now , only got a holiday to take and get through that and I will be rid of the stuff forever , which brings me onto the lack of sleep , the psychologist very much thinks I was using alcohol to basically anaesthetise myself into sleeping , and the more I think about it I was , so now i'm not drinking I am finding sleep very difficult to get although it is getting better , and lastly for now , the last couple of days I have been feeling very euphoric if that's the correct word , it feels as though everything has opened up and I can see the wood for the trees again , I don't know whether that's the tablets finally working or the counselling or what but I feel great mentally at the moment , albeit a bit tired , anyway , enough rambling , i've got pizza to eat !!!!

is that the place on the side of a big long bank , I seem to recall it , vaguely .....

Last edited:

wezzywebb

Distinguished Member
is that the place on the side of a big long bank , I seem to recall it , vaguely .....
[/QUOTE]
Thats the one mate