Depreciation

Discussion in 'Motoring' started by danny daniell, Aug 16, 2006.

1. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    My Golf 2.0 FSI is coming up to two years old at the end of this month & i fancy a new GTI or R32. I`m wondering whether it is financially prudent to trade now or would it be more cost effective to hang on to it for another year.....there`s nothing wrong with it,the car is fab,i just have the upgrade bug :D

Danny:)

2. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Allright,since you put it that way......GTI or R32? :rotfl:

3. danny daniell

danny daniell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Diesel group manager eh Sean :rolleyes: ......obviously i had the choice of the 2.0 litre TDI when i purchased the FSI but i just can`t get my head around the sound of the engine (especially when ticking over) although i did test drive the 1.9 TDI & couldn`t believe the speed it produced at such a low rev count :eek: .....what would it be for you then Sean,GTI or R32?

4. GW43

GW43

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165

Obviously you lose more in the early years of ownership than in later years. So buying new and seling at two years old will cost you more in depreciation than buying at one year old and selling at three. This in turn will cost you more than buying at two years old and selling at four, and so on. All other things being equal of course.

The incremental depreciation of an additional year's ownership will be lower than the depreciation suffered previously - generally!

Then again, if you feel you've gotta change....