1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depeche Mode...where are you

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by MrFurious, Apr 4, 2005.

1. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,545
    i really need new music by depeche mode,i heard that a new album was in the works,any news from fellow mode fans :smashin:

2. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I think they started work on a new album at the begining of this Year.

Until its release I imagine we will just have to put up with yet more remix albums :rolleyes:

3. toonarmy

toonarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    New album is due to be released in the autumn being produced by the guy who did the last Blur album.

Toonarmy.

4. dynamic turtle

dynamic turtle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've given-up on DM ever producing quality albums like Violator again. I think they're a spent force and are just trading on past glories. I'm perfectly happy listening to their old output. Really not bothered with their post '92 stuff tbh.

BTW, I thought the '81 - '04 remix cd was pretty good actually. Let's be honest now - it could've been terrible.

DT

5. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Sad but true. Instead of having one or two weak tracks on an album they now only have one or two good ones :( Still, I'll be buying the new album for the two good tracks :)

6. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    They are still a brilliant live act though. That is the main thing I look forward to with them with regards to new albums..at least it gets them on tour again.

7. Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Alan Wilder was the driving force behind Depeche Modes best music. Gave them the sound to match Martins lyrics and Davids vocals.

Never the same when he left.

Has anyone listened to any of his Recoil work? Had the album released early nineties with vocals from Moby among others. Can't seem to find it anymore. Think I liked it at the time :confused:

8. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    yea. I agree.

One of the very few bands that continually improve their live show. Dave & Martin have really relaxed over the years. They were all like statues in the early years! It was like going to listen to live but actually staring at the album cover! :D

9. motr

motr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah, new album out in the autumn (and yeah, being produced by Ben Hillier) followed by a tour starting in America later this year and reaching Europe next spring time. A single should be out August/September time.

Will be interesting to see how the new album turns out. I actually liked Exciter a lot, Ultra too was a good album. Never a fan of SOFAD that much, although the tour was excellent.

Although, subtle, Exciter was their best work for a decade but not upto Violator or Black Celebration standards, although it did have the excellent Dream On, an unsung DM classic imo.

Sick Boy, have a few Recoil albums. The early work was better, Recoil 1+2, Hydrology.... Bloodline etc were just poor. Great if you like soundscape type stuff, but with Gore & Gahan, Wilder misses DM much more than DM misses him.

The best Recoil track though is definately the cover of Faith Healer which had Douglas Mcarthy on lead vocals from Nitzer Ebb. Great track.