1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depeche Mode New Single and Album

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by toonarmy, Sep 20, 2005.

1. toonarmy

toonarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Depeche Mode have a new single Precious out on the 3rd Oct followed by a new album Playing the Angel a fortnight later.

Have heard a couple of tracks off the new album and they sound fantastic any other Mode fans on this forum.

Toonarmy

2. ncpl

ncpl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yep....haven't heard any tracks yet but hope it's a whole lot better than the last one.
    I have the CD/DVD pack on order. Hearing what DM do with a studio 5.1 mix will be interesting.

3. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Looking forward to this. Was not impressed with the last offering at all so I am hoping for good things on this one.

Even if the album is not up to much at least we can look forward to the live shows :thumbsup:

4. toonarmy

toonarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Going to Paris in Feb to see them and Manchester in March can't wait.

5. lordnoize

lordnoize
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the remixes of Precious are amazing

6. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +625
    I bought this yesterday and have to say that I am really jarred off that I can't play this as a cd!
    The 5.1 mixes sound really hard and not nice at all, and the cd will only play as SACD, now my DAC does a better job with red book cd than the cd player does with SACD.

Is there anyway I can play the standard redbook cd on a SACD player? I just want to use the digital out.

7. The Dude

The Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,234
    A BIG fan here.... I think I own nearly everything they've released in this country.

I'm heading for Oslo to see them in late Feb..... cant wait :thumbsup:

8. JUS

JUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +212
    Yea, got all their stuff bought speak & spell when it was released...not really impressed by the new album.

Never seen them live except on my projector :) Just paid a crazy amount of money for some top tickets at Wembley. Excellent group live who are getting better and better over time (at performing not writing tracks ;) ) Just got to find someone interested enough to go with me now :rollyeyes:

9. toonarmy

toonarmy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Really like the new album took a few listens to get into it though.

The next single is gonna be A Pain That I'm Used To.

Rumour has it that they could be doing some live shows round europe in the summer.

Better not book my summer hols next year till i know for certain.

Toonarmy

10. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Just listening to the album now for the first time. I have not had a chance to buy it until today and got the SACD with the bonus DVD (picked up the DVD single of Precious as well).

I think Playing The Angel will take a few listens to fully appreciate allthough it is easy to recognise that this album is a bit more of a return to form and has a very dark, almost 'Black Celebration' feel to it.

The multi channel mix is interesting. It dosn't jump out as a stunning mix but there are some very good moments that really highlight some elements of the songs.

Looking forward to hearing how good the DTS 96/24 track sounds on the bonus DVD.

11. motr

motr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Been a fan too long and although I heard the album a handful of times in September, I find it an album of two halves.

A Pain That I'm Used To, John The Revelator, Suffer Well, The Sinner In Me, Precious and Lillian are great, but I am struggling with the others.

I really liked Exciter and like the diversity in their music, but, like all Mode albums, they do tend to gow on you over time (well, me anyway) and I do prefer the live sound too, so can't wait for the 9 shows I am going to between January and March. Should be good to hear them in big stadiums (Dusseldorf/Copenhagen), large arenas (Rotterdam, Manchester, Brum, London) and a small 9000 capacity arena in Douai (Northern France), should get a good feel for the new tracks this way.

Think A Pain That I'm Used To is a good choice for the second single, definately my fave on the album along with JTR.

12. MacReady

MacReady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I agree completely with this. I have listened to the album loads over the last week and the above tracks are wonderfull and feel like clasic Depech Mode but the rest seem a little directionless to me :(

I am still excited about seeing them again in Manchester next Year :D