Depeche Mode / Dave Gahan

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Firstly there's not enough DM chat on here :D

Secondly, for all you fans, Dave's new solo single 'Kingdom' is already available for download on itunes, 6 weeks ahead of it's general release :thumbsup:

bluesilver

agree, never enough dm chat on here.

with a bit of luck, their new album will be out sometime next year and a tour a few months after.
and hopefully more LiveHereNow cd's!

DJT75

Distinguished Member
agree, never enough dm chat on here.

with a bit of luck, their new album will be out sometime next year and a tour a few months after.
and hopefully more LiveHereNow cd's!

Unfortunately, I wouldn't expect another DM album next year. I imagine Gahan will be on the road again until the spring, then a break before joining up with DM in the summer at the earilest for recording. Album probably not due before 2009 but I may be wrong. It is only a year since they finished the Angels tour.

bluesilver

yeah, but from the bits I've heard (unnofically) is that martin already has a good half dozen songs written and they want to get back out on the road sooner rather than later - mainly because they are aware of their ages more now.
I think the tour thing with dave's new album isn't a certainty at the moment and even a possibility it will be a very limited tour, if a tour at all.

I really wouldn't be shocked to see more from them at some point within the next 18 months

bluesilver

don't know if you know about it or not, but do you use the DCC hub? It's got just about every DM bootleg (vid and audio) you can think of..

DJT75

Distinguished Member
I hope you're right about 2008, agree I can't see Gahan doing an extensive tour really. Loved his live shows last time around - you don't get to see him live in small venues over here anymore.

Friend of mine uses the hub, he's forever burning off remixes & live recordings etc..

motr

Well, it still seems that the band will be back in the studio round about March time to start work on a new Depeche album and at present, Dave will not be touring Hourglass.

Kingdom is a very good track and although I have only heard 50 second clips of two other songs, 'Saw Something' sounds dreadful but 'A Little Lie' sounds promising.

Talking of bootlegs, I record shows myself and have recorded a number of DM shows myself over the years in the UK and Europe, not that I ever put them online because a) I don't have the time and b) I don't know how to :rotfl:

But heres hoping for more Live mode soon-ish

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Well, it still seems that the band will be back in the studio round about March time to start work on a new Depeche album and at present, Dave will not be touring Hourglass.

Kingdom is a very good track and although I have only heard 50 second clips of two other songs, 'Saw Something' sounds dreadful but 'A Little Lie' sounds promising.

Haven't heard the other 2 tracks yet but Kingdom has grown on me a lot since first I first heard it briefly. More of a stadium song than his previous solo efforts.

Maybe got a couple of cheeky Gahan dates in London & NY then please :smashin:

DJT75

Distinguished Member

Talking of bootlegs, I record shows myself and have recorded a number of DM shows myself over the years in the UK and Europe, not that I ever put them online because a) I don't have the time and b) I don't know how to :rotfl:

But heres hoping for more Live mode soon-ish

Well it's out. Can't say I'm too overjoyed with it, but wasn't expecting an epic I must admit. 'Saw Something' is actually one of the better sounding tracks (lyrics aside) & 'A Little Lie' I just can't get on with yet.

Find myself just listening to the same 5-6 trscks & ignoring the rest, something I normally hate doing with any album. It will no doubt grow on me somewhat...

Eddy.

Banned
All I ever wantedddddd, all I ever needddddedddddd, is hereeeee in my armsssssss.

I love DM. :smashin:

motr

Well it's out. Can't say I'm too overjoyed with it, but wasn't expecting an epic I must admit. 'Saw Something' is actually one of the better sounding tracks (lyrics aside) & 'A Little Lie' I just can't get on with yet.

Find myself just listening to the same 5-6 trscks & ignoring the rest, something I normally hate doing with any album. It will no doubt grow on me somewhat...

I have heard 6 tracks from the album and I wasn't impressed by any of it apart from Kingdom, so haven't even bothered with it to be honest.

Got the 2 track cd single and Kingdom does sound great as does Tomorrow. Both very good songs.

From what I have heard, they sound like the most accessiable tracks. Not quite sure why Tomorrow never made the album cut though.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
I have heard 6 tracks from the album and I wasn't impressed by any of it apart from Kingdom, so haven't even bothered with it to be honest.

Got the 2 track cd single and Kingdom does sound great as does Tomorrow. Both very good songs.

From what I have heard, they sound like the most accessiable tracks. Not quite sure why Tomorrow never made the album cut though.

I haven't heard Tomorrow - not sure why or how but.......

The first 3 tracks (including Kingdom) are OK. I'm actually really starting to like the opening track "Saw Something", it's nicely layered & sounds great when the drums kick in half way through.

bluesilver

good news there. Can't wait for another tour and hopefully another live dvd - just hope the sound is bit better than TTA dvd. And as much as I like that dvd I hope they tell the producer to stop with so many gimmicks this time! Suffer Well is unwatchable!

JUS

Got to say....my family are sick of me singing Enjoy the Silence on sing star.

I recently re-bought all the albums as well. With 5.1. I hadn't listened to Some Great Reward for about 20 years. Couldn't stop playing it for about 2 weeks :D...also comes with a documentary on each disc with the band members at the time the album was made. Quality.

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Press conference on October 6th, 2008, in Berlin, Germany, to announce their future plans.

Huge stadium tour next year.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Discovered DM only a couple of years back :blush: One thing that really struck me is the production. I couldn't believe I was listening to tracks that were 20 years old !! They don't feel dated to me at all. I love playing "Shake this disease" when cruising in my car :thumbsup: easily my fave track.

YooEntSinMe

Got to say....my family are sick of me singing Enjoy the Silence on sing star.

I recently re-bought all the albums as well. With 5.1. I hadn't listened to Some Great Reward for about 20 years. Couldn't stop playing it for about 2 weeks :D...also comes with a documentary on each disc with the band members at the time the album was made. Quality.

Their albums in 5.1 were a whole new experience. I loved their albums before but these re-masters totally added a new dimension. I've been a die-hard fan since the release of Music For The Masses & have religiously gone to see them in concert from the World Violation Tour onwards. I can't wait for them to tour again. :smashin:

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Their albums in 5.1 were a whole new experience. I loved their albums before but these re-masters totally added a new dimension. I've been a die-hard fan since the release of Music For The Masses & have religiously gone to see them in concert from the World Violation Tour onwards. I can't wait for them to tour again. :smashin:

Roughly the same as me - except 101 was my first album, Violation first tour.
Normally go to more than 1 gig each tour - some tours 3 or 4. I really must go see them abroad this time around - Germany or US would be best.

A few leaked gigs are on the net already - Stade de France in June being one of them...

super-saint

Watch the press conference live on the official web site on Monday @ 12.30.

UK date looks to be at the O2...makes a change from Wembley Arena I suppose.

Roll on 2009:)

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Watch the press conference live on the official web site on Monday @ 12.30.

UK date looks to be at the O2...makes a change from Wembley Arena I suppose.
Roll on 2009:)

Agreed, have been there far too many times & since the refurb it takes an hour for one of the useless mares to pour a blimming pint!

Rumour has it Wembley Stadium could be a summer gig - not so sure they'd risk that though...Hyde park wasn't exactly 80,000..

super-saint

Agreed, have been there far too many times & since the refurb it takes an hour for one of the useless mares to pour a blimming pint!

Rumour has it Wembley Stadium could be a summer gig - not so sure they'd risk that though...Hyde park wasn't exactly 80,000..

I don't think DM could ever hope to fill Wembley staduim...which is probably a bonus as the acoustics in the place are awful.

They would be better of performing at smaller football grounds ie St Mary's in Southampton ;)

Looks like the name of the tour will be TOURING THE UNIVERSE :rotfl:

DJT75

Distinguished Member
http://www.livenationinternational.com/depechemode/

First 28 dates announced for a European Leg :thumbsup: of "Touring the Universe" :rolleyes:

Starting 10th May 2009 in Tel Aviv, finishing in Porto 11th July. Highlights along the way: (some of the bigger gigs) Olympic stadiums in Rome, Berlin, Munich, San Siro - Milan & as expected O2 Arena, London on Saturday 30th May 2009. I assume they'll be at least 2 gigs at the O2..

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung's 110-inch Micro LED TV on pre-order at Harrods
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bang & Olufsen introduces Beosound Emerge speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony launches native 4K VPL-VW290ES and VW890ES projectors
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 14th April 2021