Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Dension ICE>link plus in 2005 Renault Megane

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by grantsteve, Apr 18, 2005.

1. grantsteve

grantsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I'm having trouble with Dension's ICE>link plus in my 2005 Megane. Connected it up with the Connects2 adaptor. Headunit recognises that there is a changer connected but either gets stuck checking for CD's or tells me there are no CD's in.

Dension reckon its a problem with the new Tuner List headunits in some 2005 models, and are 'developing a solution'!

Anyone had a similar problem and found a way round it? Or does anyone have any idea's for an alternative solution? I want a direct connection - no messing about with FM transmitters.

:confused:

Cheers

2. Sciamano

Sciamano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If your Tuner List radio is like mine, when you shuffle through the "Sources" you will find also the item "AUX" (you actually have to enable this in the Expert mode menu).

If it shows AUX, then the IceLink is not compatible with the radio.
    It's a problem with the new (11/2004 and later) Tuner List radios.

I have the same problem as you. The only way I found to connect my iPod to my Megane radio is using a cable that converts and enables this AUXiliary inputs. But you can't connect the IceLink, and can't control the iPod.

It's just like having a "line in" input.
    Better than nothing, though.

HTH

3. Member 7321

Member 7321

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    A little more information for you:

There are three different models of Tuner List head unit from VDO and it is very difficult to tell which one is which. The Dension Ice Link>Plus + Connects2 adaptor will only work with one of the head units.

Dension are currently developing with Renault an Ice Link>Plus that will work with all versions of the Tuner List head unit directly on the CD Autochanger port so no need for a Connects 2 interface. This should be available within the next 4-8 weeks as it is just going through final testing now.

HTH

Ultra238a

4. Sciamano

Sciamano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this some sort of Ice-Link Lite for Renault?
    That would be interesting...

5. thunt

thunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know what cable is required to connect into the 'Aux in' on a Megane 2005 stereo. Renault don't know and the stereo manufacturer refer me back to Renault.

Tim

6. Sciamano

Sciamano

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know the schematics of the cable. I've bought it at www.bortesi.it
    The guy speaks english and is very helpful. I suggest you ask him for assistance.

HTH
    Luca