Denons new 1080p Up-scaling DVD-A1XV DVD player uses $60K Teranex chip

Anim

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Looks like Denon want to take on the Scaler market
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/shownews.php?id=8507

* WORLD FIRST Realta Hollywood Quality Video - HQV - from Silicon Optix (from the $60k Teranex box)
* WORLD FIRST DVDO 1080p 10 bit Precision Video Scaling™ technology by Anchor Bay Technologies – circuitry which has won industry awards for its upconversion capabilities
* UNIQUE DENON Pixel Image Correction (DPIC) for custom picture enhancement
* UNIQUE DENON Advanced AL24 and DenonLink3 for stunning sound from all sources
* Plays virtually ANY DISC. DVD, DVD-A, SACD, MP3, WMA, JPEG, PHOTO CD, DVD / CD -R +R etc
* EVERY OUTPUT. HDMI, DVI, FireWire, DenonLink3, Progressive Component, Composite, S-Video, RGB Scart

More expensive than a iScan etc. but it claims this HQV chip is the daddy for scaling standard def DVD titles.

Anybody know any different?

My question is....

Will this produce a better picture from standard def DVD than a top end Lumegen / iScan scaler in the £2700 price bracket?

Just Interested really, hopefully it will blow them away and they will all drop in price :D

thought it said £269 was about to order one !!

for that price will leave it to rich guys on here

Anim said:
Looks like Denon want to take on the Scaler market
http://www.homecinemachoice.com/cgi-bin/shownews.php?id=8507

* WORLD FIRST Realta Hollywood Quality Video - HQV - from Silicon Optix (from the $60k Teranex box)
* WORLD FIRST DVDO 1080p 10 bit Precision Video Scaling™ technology by Anchor Bay Technologies – circuitry which has won industry awards for its upconversion capabilities
* UNIQUE DENON Pixel Image Correction (DPIC) for custom picture enhancement
* UNIQUE DENON Advanced AL24 and DenonLink3 for stunning sound from all sources
* Plays virtually ANY DISC. DVD, DVD-A, SACD, MP3, WMA, JPEG, PHOTO CD, DVD / CD -R +R etc
* EVERY OUTPUT. HDMI, DVI, FireWire, DenonLink3, Progressive Component, Composite, S-Video, RGB Scart

More expensive than a iScan etc. but it claims this HQV chip is the daddy for scaling standard def DVD titles.

Anybody know any different?

My question is....

Will this produce a better picture from standard def DVD than a top end Lumegen / iScan scaler in the £2700 price bracket?

Just Interested really, hopefully it will blow them away and they will all drop in price :D

If denon had a clue they would have stuffed all of this into the A11XC to give you the benefit over all sources not just DVD, seems like a last ditch attempted to shift some high end DVD's before HD-DVD and Bluray hit the shelves, the specs have been knocking around for ages but if they had put the anchor bay scaling tech in the A11XC and perhaps the 4306 there would be some fight left but why stick it all in a DVD player? i think there are quite a few people who would wagera an SDi philips 963a (if that the model number) with a Lumagen HDP pro or similar as a far better package

Yeah with Blu-ray and HD DVD on their way it's a bit of a dodgy buy. This simple change in format will make these high end DVD products look ridiculous.

This simple change in format will make these high end DVD products look ridiculous.

No, no, no........ it'll make them Cheeeeeper, not ridiculous.....:D

S.

I stand corrected, It will make their current prices look ridiculous :)

Mine is going in to be upgraded soon. The HQV stuff is excellent and i have not seen a standalone player do any better.. however i would expect better results with say a HQV video processor and much cheaper DVD player.

I got mine S/H for about £1400, i would never spend £2.5K for it, TBH i dont think its worth that much. Its good but not that good.
Wait for HD-DVD or Blu-ray. and put the pennys towards a native 1080p display. that would yeild best results and remember to get the best from 1080 HD you need 50ins plus screen size.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom