1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denons direct mode query

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by mick23, Apr 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    if one tries a normal integrated amp for sterio,there is only balance/volume/or tone/or tone bypass to consider/wether speakers are small standmount or floorstanders etc.

with denon 3802 i set my speakers to small fr 20-60hz+sub,but i often do not have sub "powered on" for sterio with low level connection, and normally use direct mode for 2 chan sterio,

my query is if using denons direct mode, im assuming that 3802 (treats my speakers as small) because that is the setting i have made in the on screen menu,

an integrated just treats speakers as (speakers) so i have never really been sure with 3802 , that if i were to set speakers as large, no sub and set to main, no lfe that denon acts in the same way as an integrated amp as regards speakers,

is there a way with 3802 to use small+sub for av, and another setting for 2 chann sterio large no sub???

hope this is clear what i am asking thank you

2. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +833
    Mick

The DIRECT mode on the Denon sends full range signals to the front channels regardless of the speaker settings you have selected. To switch OFF the sub output at low level, just go into the individual channel levels for that mode and lower the SW channel to -12db then OFF.

Leave your original settings as all speakers small, all bass to sub as these won´t be affected.

3. mick23

mick23
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    thanks jase, that clears up my query, got the gist of it now,

thanks again