1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DENON's AVR-2105 Direct Mode

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by AC DC, Oct 21, 2004.

Tags:
  1. AC DC

AC DC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!

It's my first thread in this forum that i know and habitually read at some time...

It's just a simply question and i'll be very thankful if somebody could help me...

I bought a DENON 2105 AV Receiver a few weeks ago and now i decided to add a Rel Quake subwoofer to the system…

I’m having the hard task to configure the Sub and i have a question about the Direct Mode of the Receiver… It seems that it’s impossible in any mode to cancel the LFE signal in the respective output, better, there’s no mode that do it…

It's very common in this kind of equipment the Direct Mode do it (for hear a Stereo 2.0 audio source), and i waited that the 2105 also made it… More in this case, that i'm thinking to use the Hi-Level connection available from Quake...
    I tried a lot of configurations but the LFE signal is always present…

I just want know if the functioning of 2105 is exactly this (and i must think in another solution), if i'm losting something reading the manual or, in last case, if there's a problem with my 2105…

Thanks a lot…

Sorry the English...

2. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Hi AC_DC :)

Can it be that dedicated software in DD and DTS has more sub-bass content in the LFE .1 channel :confused:

3. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You should be able to switch OFF the SW channel in DIRECT Mode assuming it's like other Denon models. You need to access the Channel Levels whilst you are in this mode and turn the level down to -12db then OFF. The Denon's can store different Channel Levels for each mode.

4. AC DC

AC DC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Arcangel... Thanks for your support...

I think you're talking about Bass Setting in Tone configuration... But in Direct Mode, this setup is not available... :(

5. Falp

Falp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    AC DC:

I think you should study this...

6. AC DC

AC DC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've done it already Falp...

In Direct mode, that setup is not available (the manual says this exactly, i tried and it's true)...
    After read the Arcangel support last night, i tried to turn off the Sub configuring the Stereo mode like a Direct one that i have not... But there, the SW dont go below -6dB...

7. RohanM

RohanM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Does the Quake have 'high level' inputs (which should connected to the main (Front Left/Right) speaker terminals) in addition to the 'low level' input, which is the phono-to-phono, dedicated LFE .1 connection?

If yes, and if you're using both outputs, then that is why - as the sub is taking a feed from the main speaker outputs. Which is exactly what it is meant to do...

8. AC DC

AC DC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi...
    Yes! Is exactly what it is meant to do and what i want!!!

The point is that such REL says, the two connections simultaneously improves the bass in movies... But in 2.0, the Low-Level connection ruins the sound... And they advice to somehow, turn off this connection...
    This is the point... Many AV Receivers, in "Direct", "Pure Direct" or "Source Direct" modes would cancel the bass processing (Low-Level), among others things, and this signal is naturally cancelled too... I wanted that 2105 do this but, it does not... Obviously, the Hi-Level signal must always exist...

When we talk about 2.0 here is about que source... We know that the Sub will always receive the Hi-Level signal but this is what we want...

My problem... The point... It's just like this... Have i a malfunction here!?

Maybe someone with a 2105 can test this and tell me something... PLEASE... :(

9. Arcangel

Arcangel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No. The Tone adjustment has two settings, Bass and Treble, each adjustable from -6db to +6b. The Channel Levels are another setting where you adjust the output level of each channel. In Direct Mode you would have FL, FR & SW. You need to turn the SW channel down to -12db then OFF.

Direct Mode bypasses Bass Management and sends Full Range signals to the Front Left and Right Channels. It also additionally sends a signal to the SW (Subwoofer) Channel which is defeatable.

You should be able to adjust these Channel Levels from the Remote, the OSD or the Front Panel of the Denon.

10. AC DC

AC DC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Arcangel...
    If you're right and 2105 also have that "Channel Level" settings, you just solve my problem... :)
    I'll see that at Lunch Time...

Thanks a lot...

11. AC DC

AC DC
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!!!!!!!!!!

I just saw it in the manual...
    Arcangel... Thank you, very, very, much... :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: