1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

denon3803 and 2900 conection help

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by gpa, Sep 20, 2003.

Tags:
  1. gpa

gpa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I ve gone and done just paid for denon 3803 and 2900 with Kef's 2005.2 from Audio T in basingstoke, after they agreed to price match. my question is they are being delivered next week and the sales guy was trying to sell me very expensive cables, in realality what do i need to connect everything up and do I really need to spend hundreds of pounds doing so?

any help/advice apreciated.

2. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting. I am about to buy the same two units from the same store, same town. just trying to decide on speakers to accompany them.

He was also trying to sell me the £200 chord company interconnect and the advice I have had here and on the home cinema newsgroup was overwhelmingly against the costly cables. Most people seemed to think you would notice very little or zero difference between standard interconnects and the £200 one. I intend to get Audio-T to let me try a few when I go for a second audition so I can see/hear for myself.

Incidentally, are they delivering and helping you set up, or is it just cash and carry? When I talked about price-match, he wasn't going to budge, but that's apparently because I am going for a basic install as part of the deal (putting up a plasma support, some wall-mounts for rear speakers, connecting everything, etc.)

Stevie

3. gpa

gpa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi steve No at the moment I have said i will install the system myself, so i guess you could call it cash and carry. I paid for the eggs as well but now i have had time to think about it and i may well try and change to Kef Q3@s and centre. my reason is that the sub/sat package did not sound that great with 2 speaker stereo, but That could be down to poor set up. Ian who served me was very good but i suspect not totally up to date with the function iing of the amp and dvd. They were quite happy to price match after calling the chosen store. Ordered in silver as it was listed but not sure if they can deliver in a week may be begining of october. Just want to get it all hooked up to my new PW6

cheers

grant

4. Stevie S

Stevie S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, Grant.

I was served by Adrian at the store, and he seemed pretty clued up, though it took him a little time to figure out how to switch between DVD, DVD-A and SACD. I actually went in with the intention of getting the eggs, too, but like you I was disappointed by the stereo reproduction. It might be worth you auditioning some Dynaudio 42s, which I found greatly improved the audio in all formats - stereo, dvd-a, dvd movie, sacd. Adrian demoed them for me with dyaudio 122c (centre), and some more 42s as rears. Also REL Quake sub. After taking some advice here I am going to hear next week an M&J Pro 50 as sub and I also want to compare the 42s (bookshelf speakers) with Dynaudio 62s (floorstanders). If you're interested, I can let you know how I get on.

cheers
    Stevie