1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon3801+atomic

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by andy21, May 6, 2001.

Tags:
  1. andy21

andy21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, just purchased a denon 3801(very nice) and the eltax atomic system. I have a very strange problem. When i turn off the subwoofer there is an almighty thud from it. This only happens when it is connected to the denon. If i unplug lead to sub from dennon it doesnt do it. Why does it do this and can it damage the sub.???????

2. B Caine

B Caine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This sometimes happens to mine and it stops when I turn the volume on the amp down befor switching the sub off. Hope this helps.

3. daiwa

daiwa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello. I have the previous model EAS20 Eltax Sub. and exactly the same occurs when switching off. I also turn the volume down before switching off.

4. andy21

andy21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks i will try this later today

5. andy21

andy21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    yes this stops it but i think it only stops the noise not the actual fault, any ideas what it might be, possible fault with sub? or just interferance in the system???

6. andy21

andy21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oops, sorry didnt sort it. Its just done it again. This time i turned down denon, powered off and unplugged denon. Then turned off sub BANG!! big thud again. Do you think there could be a fault with the sub??? Also any other ideas of how to stop it?